Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10\20 against 20 Buck Spin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529989)

Ansky 10-24-2007 07:55 AM

Re: 10\\20 against 20 Buck Spin

value shove flop vs 20buck

edit: all day.

edit2: and twice on sunday.

futuredoc85 10-24-2007 09:19 AM

agree w/ ansky and LA whole-heartedly

KRANTZ 10-24-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a [censored] sick spot to be in. I know people are advocating to call but this SOB will fire any turn so to avoid getting outplayed I'd just shove it in now. I'll tell ya one thing. Buckspin is a spewtard on a heater. I know he has a lot of hands now at the higher limits and is winning a lot but his day will come and he will pay dearly. He is a wannabe CTS.

I really don't think you should call this flop verus buckspin. I'd rather see you fold then call. How sick is it going to be when the turn comes any kqj or spade and he fires turn? Cause he will. Plus you may get it in pretty good here anyway. That guy could call you with two red nines 56 with a spade or all kinds of junk. I don't think the posters really know this particular opponent that well or maybe haven't seen what he's capable of. Shove it baby!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

spot on, i only played 1 session with him, but it was a long one and man does he get it in super bad a ton

MDMA 10-24-2007 12:24 PM

Eh, I can see how people actually want to valueraise this against said player if he gets it in with anything and you actually might lose value on certain cards on turn, but saying that and at the same time saying "I'd rather fold than call flop" is ridiculous. If flop is to be true and he has a huge range AND fires turns RELENTLESSLY with said range, there is not a chance in a million years that folding is better than calling. Instead, you can can call and call allin on ANY non-spade turn quite simply.

So while I don't disagree with valueraise at all, I am vehemently against the idea of FOLDING or even being worried about turn like leatherass suggested, yes you will be bluffed on spades 1 time out of 10 or whatever, but if he's such a spewer you rate do very well a good part of the other 9.

AAismyfriend 10-24-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
value shove flop vs 20buck

edit: all day.

edit2: and twice on sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea fo real

fsuplayer 10-24-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I can see how people actually want to valueraise this against said player if he gets it in with anything and you actually might lose value on certain cards on turn, but saying that and at the same time saying "I'd rather fold than call flop" is ridiculous. If flop is to be true and he has a huge range AND fires turns RELENTLESSLY with said range, there is not a chance in a million years that folding is better than calling. Instead, you can can call and call allin on ANY non-spade turn quite simply.

So while I don't disagree with valueraise at all, I am vehemently against the idea of FOLDING or even being worried about turn like leatherass suggested, yes you will be bluffed on spades 1 time out of 10 or whatever, but if he's such a spewer you rate do very well a good part of the other 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if i just call and a spade hits, what do i do then?? OH NOES

Yeti 10-24-2007 10:48 PM

wait a minute, you're telling me he's going to bet EVERY turn? sounds awful, how can we beat this guy?! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

leatherass 10-24-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my final answer was clearly a shove. I didn't put much thought into my I'd rather fold statement so disregard that. Plus the turn gets ugly a little more than 1 time in 9. Not sure what kind of monkey math you have going there.

NMcNasty 10-25-2007 12:31 AM

Ugh, AT plays so bad oop vs a reraise. I would save myself the headache and shove pre. As played shove flop instead of just reraising, it increases the chance you move him off a split, but just calling and forcing yourself to stop and think and make a good turn decision is best.

MDMA 10-25-2007 06:33 AM

Leatherass, I'd prefer if you didn't call my math "monkey". How about this; 1 in 5 the turn comes a spade (we have apparently all agreed by now that if he fires every single turn relentlessly then calling anything except a spade is mandatory and profitable against his apparenly HUGE range). So, if 1 in 5 the turn gets ugly, I wrote 1 in 10 because you know, half of his hands (well almost, deduct the 3 spades on board) actually CONTAINS spades and thus you are not actually GETTING BLUFFED.

M'kay?