Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529847)

David Sklansky 10-24-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you even bother to read the stuff other people write in your forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are saying there was a thread on such machines already. I just bought a house and have a small to moderate size room on the second floor that I was thinking of putting a Nautilus Revolution in. Or perhaps that Powertec machine except that I worry that 1000 pounds or more on the second floor is dangerous. If this subject was discussed already it would be nice if someone directed me to the appropriate thread.

pjf1969 10-24-2007 12:54 AM

David-don't waste your money-all you need is that Tony Little Ab thing they dont sell any more-any Tony Little product really.

Jeseus man-why do yu toil in such trivial blather and remain silent on the Absolute Poker madness?

Also could you PM me some pics of that young chick you screwed?

shemp 10-24-2007 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought a house and have a small to moderate size room on the second floor that I was thinking of putting a Nautilus Revolution in. Or perhaps that Powertec machine except that I worry that 1000 pounds or more on the second floor is dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nearly said something in this vein in my other post. I think part of the success of these machine's marketing is how they work aesthetically in one's home/office/den/etc.

I think one does well to divorce interior decorating from the equation. And like I said, I'd bother to argue against the machine, if I found a non sales person telling me of their value.

Klompy 10-24-2007 01:39 AM

DS,

You'll get a lot better advice in this forum if you state your goals and plans. This sounds crazy saying to one of the founders, but it's the truth.

The truth is that you could prob get a better work out for less money by buying a rack and a bench with a few hundred pounds of weights to go with it. Everyone is different though, and maybe the bowflex is right for you.

kickpushcoast 10-24-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are saying there was a thread on such machines already. I just bought a house and have a small to moderate size room on the second floor that I was thinking of putting a Nautilus Revolution in. Or perhaps that Powertec machine except that I worry that 1000 pounds or more on the second floor is dangerous. If this subject was discussed already it would be nice if someone directed me to the appropriate thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could get some equipment like in these vids and do real workouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaTd_ZemkQ
http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

Thremp 10-24-2007 04:33 AM

Re: Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution? *DELETED*

Post deleted by durron597

theblackkeys 10-24-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*DELETED*

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. you'll be missed thremp.

Hendricks433 10-24-2007 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*DELETED*

[/ QUOTE ] WOW! see ya.

durron597 10-24-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution? *DEL

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by durron597

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, why don't you take some time off

entertainme 10-24-2007 10:20 AM

Re: Anything Clearly Better Than The Nautilus/Bowflex Revolution? *DEL

David,

I looked seriously at the Bowflex Revolution, was even pricing them on ebay and such. Instead I decided to get a kettlebell.

Less cost, takes up less room,both strength and aerobic, etc. There's not a lot in my thread, but there's a ton of information in the threads I link in my first post.