Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lol (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529774)

MicroBob 10-24-2007 04:07 AM

Re: lol

yeah, folding isn't all bad.
If he's pushing you off with his QdJd draw or something then sobeit and perhaps you can induce a bluff from him in the future.
It's not exactly a huge pot anyway.
Pot is right now at 5BB's and you're going to have to call 2 BB's to get to showdown. Are your 7's really going to be good often enough to justify calling 2 more bets?

Oink 10-24-2007 04:14 AM

I am never ever folding here.

Look at the flop please. A good player knows he wont fold a lot of Nina's hands on that low flop so he just might call his fd

Look at the turn please. The K puts up a million straight draws and a K turn is the perfect card to bluff.

If I suspect hero is just a little bit "foldy" I will pop this turn with my entire range. I will certainly pop it with any picked up draw or fd.

Stop folding!

Heisenb3rg 10-24-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a 35/25/2 LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
call it down, you have a pair

[/ QUOTE ]

frenchpignouf 10-24-2007 04:50 AM

You raise from UTG+1, so if he's a good player he must know you have at least a pair or an ace+GS 95% of the time. He's not bluffing imo, but he can semi bluf with QJ or a FD.

I don't know if you must call down, but call down with AJ is better than call down with 77, because he has not 4x.

NinaWilliams 10-24-2007 11:22 AM

So, I called it. River J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He bets. Can i fold now plz?

yourface 10-24-2007 11:26 AM

put him on a range of hands
see if you beat enough of those hands to call the river

mess around with his hand range to see what assumptions you need to make about his turn play for a call to be correct or incorrect

what if the river was a deuce? a diamond?

this is the kind of process I go through when analyzing a hand, and it gives you a much better answer than asking on a forum.

Absolution 10-24-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I called it. River J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He bets. Can i fold now plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

So a loose aggressive guy calls in the BB and peels the flop. You can probably throw away suited connectors, Ts and small pp. He probably would have check-raised Ts or small pp between the T and 4 (he might just call with though.) He probably isn't going to peel with 2 random cards less than T, or something like Q7s. That leaves A high, backdoor straight and overcard peels. These are hands like KJo, QJ, Q9, and J9o. So, now you beat A high, the occasional loose peel and maybe something like 55. I think it's close and when it's close against a guy like this I tend to call.

danzasmack 10-24-2007 12:32 PM

Nina what are you thinking when you bet this turn. Start with the flop bet and don't just say "well i c-bet" say what the other guys do and what that means.

Then do the same for the turn.

Volkan-20 10-24-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nina, for future reference i'd advice filtering your hud to display separate stats depending on if games are 2-3 handed or 4-6 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do it?

NinaWilliams 10-24-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nina what are you thinking when you bet this turn. Start with the flop bet and don't just say "well i c-bet" say what the other guys do and what that means.

Then do the same for the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are as follows

Preflop: ZOMG a pair I raise

Flop: Nice flop, lets go to value town

Turn: BB checks. Me: Well, maybe they won't do it this time, I bet. BB raises. Me: lol.