Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   crockpot's "i ran out of cash/hit my limits" WS props thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529277)

Austiger 10-23-2007 02:30 PM

Re: crockpot\'s \"i ran out of cash/hit my limits\" WS props thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Colorado +200 on Matchbook. Comes out to +196 after the fee.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's actually better than that because Matchbook has reduced all commissions to 1% for baseball this post-season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know that. +198 then, right?

iggymcfly 10-23-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't know that. +198 then, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and it's actually been going since the regular season. Not postseason only.

Also, if you're looking to bet the series, the price is -226/+220 right now, so if you put out an offer for -221, you'll probably get it matched.

paperchamp 10-23-2007 08:13 PM

Boston series price at -225 now on Bodog.

crockpot 10-23-2007 08:24 PM

if anyone is interested in the ideal hedge amount for this bet combination, it's a complex calculation, but i can give you a simple xls file that helps.

live books were a desolate wasteland full of markets with 200% theoretical holds. (palms had NE -500 to win AFC). what's worse, the once-good Greek lines have been bet down, plus they opened the "win 3 straight games" Yes at -165 instead of +140. lame on all counts.

not sure any props are really going to be any good outside of series and game lines. i guess i'll restrict the thread to those for now...

TomCowley 10-23-2007 08:30 PM

Opened at -125, moved to -140 really fast (still a little value), then to -165/+135, which is no good on either side.

I've run through the 5D and Greek series result props with Yao's numbers from his blog, and the only one that was out of line was Boston +3 -3000 (his numbers gave -3100), which is a miniscule edge, and most of the other props were square in the middle using his numbers. I know yours are different since you come up with a significantly different series % line, so maybe you'll have some luck.

thing85 10-23-2007 08:33 PM

crockpot,

I'm interested in knowing the ideal hedge amount for the bet. I have zero handicapping skills and really am just trying to find a good risk/reward balance. I already have some initial bets in, but I can tweak it if needed (even though some of these odds have moved).

thing85 10-23-2007 08:36 PM

What's are the odds of a team sweeping? Bodog has the following prop:

Colorado Rockies vs Boston Red Sox - Will either team sweep the series

Yes +300
No -600

Doesn't seem to be any value on either side, but I'd be interested in knowing the mathematical % chance of sweeping for either team.

Trencherman 10-23-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's are the odds of a team sweeping? Bodog has the following prop:

Colorado Rockies vs Boston Red Sox - Will either team sweep the series

Yes +300
No -600

Doesn't seem to be any value on either side, but I'd be interested in knowing the mathematical % chance of sweeping for either team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yao's numbers give BOS in 4 an 11.2% likelihood and COL in 4 a 2.9% likelihood. A sweep thus occurs 14.1% of the time (fair at +608) using his guesstimated lines. The "No" has a 0.22% edge if Yao's lines are perfect.

thing85 10-23-2007 09:01 PM

Meh, probably not enough of an edge.

crockpot 10-24-2007 12:30 AM

assuming you risked 2300 to win 1000 on the red sox, risk about 325 on rockies game 1 at +195.