Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   easy to get away from AK on river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528691)

pped5700 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

Re: easy to get away from AK on river?

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, why the hell are we checking behind this turn? Because we know a J is coming on the river and want to control the pot size? Bet this turn 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a competent opponent; what is villains PrF, flop, and turn calling range? For a tight player,this is not Jx. How are you playing this turn with the rest of your opening range?

WelshChip 10-23-2007 01:45 PM

you have nuts

ikestoys 10-23-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, why the hell are we checking behind this turn? Because we know a J is coming on the river and want to control the pot size? Bet this turn 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a competent opponent; what is villains PrF, flop, and turn calling range? For a tight player,this is not Jx. How are you playing this turn with the rest of your opening range?

[/ QUOTE ]
people don't fold AQ or A10 here, like ever.

pped5700 10-23-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
people don't fold AQ or A10 here, like ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats about 2 of the few hands we get value from, IMO. And where did he get AQ from? You dont think he 3-bets an OTB opener with that AQ?

Lagtastic 10-23-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crappy river, but the river is a must call. a seemingly tight player is not calling you all the way to the river with an unimproved pair of jacks. he either has a boat, or you have him crushed. This is a perfect card to bluff a strong ace, and you have to suck it up and take your 3:1 odds.

This is without reads. Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is basically exactly my thought process. I had this sinking feeling, that he had KJ suited but I made the crying call.

He showed me QJ off. siiiiiiiigh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Albert Moulton 10-23-2007 03:00 PM

I usually check the turn planning to call a river bet, or make a value bet on the river if checked to.

As played, call the river. The pot is too big, and he will show up with less than a monster enough to justify a call with about 3-1 pot odds.