Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Sunday Million: Flopped bottom set into 3 spades (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528403)

IceCremMnstr 10-22-2007 11:19 AM

Re: Sunday Million: Flopped bottom set into 3 spades

interesting points...

at what point do you think reraising is a good option? maybe not necessarily from this spot but lets say Im one off the button or something like that...do you still say toss the 33 (or other low PP) or do you reraise?

and you never call with position to the utg raiser?

getballed 10-22-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
snap call, I fold preflop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pped5700 10-22-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you always fold small PPs in this spot preflop? if so what is your normal range (ex. folding 22-66? or something like that?)
I dont mind calling 3bbs early on ina n effort to get this type of flop.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with the potential of the OR being squeezed/3-bet from behind; our relative position also sux, and we will probably lose any chance of trapping addl dead money if there are addl callers. pretty quick fold PrF, IMO.

Hattifnatt 10-23-2007 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting points...

at what point do you think reraising is a good option? maybe not necessarily from this spot but lets say Im one off the button or something like that...do you still say toss the 33 (or other low PP) or do you reraise?

and you never call with position to the utg raiser?

[/ QUOTE ]
in CO calling here sucks somewhat less sinse you have better absolute and relative position, but still sucks.

reraising an UTG raiser (esp if it commits you to call a push) with small PPs is generally bad unless you have a VERY good read that he very often raises from any position but will fold to a 3-bet.

in the hand you posted the only position I probably would consider calling the raise is from BB, both with and without cold-callers.

Mench 10-23-2007 12:33 PM

snap call

DJA 10-23-2007 03:08 PM

I fold this preflop as well, but I would definitely call any pair later in the action in this situation. UTG+1 just inviting someone to squeeze.

On the flop, its a call.
1. He may have a flush, and you have a 2:1 shot of drawing out

2. He most likely has over pair with flush draw, or pair and a flush draw, and you are 2:1 or better

3. He has a bigger set, and you are down to 1 out and are basically FUBAR'ed

I think the odds are in your favor.

wandigo 10-23-2007 03:46 PM

I think I'm folding this preflop vs the utg raiser. As played, I call his flop shove all day.

nutsinho 10-23-2007 05:14 PM

Agree with folding preflop. He basically has to stack off every time you hit a set for this to be profitable for you, since sometimes you'll flop a set and still lose. This condition of him stacking off every time you hit is impossible, obviously. And also you're gonna get squeezed out of the pot fairly regularly, so it's not even close to a good call preflop.
On the flop, what's the question? Call LDO.

JLiQ 10-24-2007 01:08 PM

[ ] Fold pre

autobust if you're beat

AMT 10-25-2007 04:04 AM

yeah i definitely dont call PF directly behind the raiser, but once you do folding is ridiculous.