Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Paul Byrd bought HGH (Williams/Fainaru-Wada) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527703)

kidcolin 10-21-2007 11:09 AM

Re: Paul Byrd bought HGH (Williams/Fainaru-Wada)

worst headline ever? "Cleveland pitcher spent thousands on human growth hormone". haha.

Tonight's broadcast is going to suck a huge amount of balls more than it normally does.

gehrig 10-21-2007 11:11 AM

the best part of that fox sports story is that byrd apparently already wrote about this in an autobiography but i guess nobody read it because it was a paul byrd autobiography

Xaston 10-21-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the best part of that fox sports story is that byrd apparently already wrote about this in an autobiography but i guess nobody read it because it was a paul byrd autobiography

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

RacersEdge 10-21-2007 11:31 AM

Wow, I remember Byrd was a very religious guy from when he was a Brave - and now even he couldn't resist.

prohornblower 10-21-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think steroids should be legal to an extent. For instance Pitchers who have Tommy John surgery or other types of injuries should be allowed to take HGH. Some of these guys who just take steroids to get big they should be punished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is dumb.

vhawk01 10-21-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the big deal with HGH is? If a guy can get a cortisone shot why shouldn't he be allowed to use HGH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Lifting weights causes damage to your muscle fibers. It causes defective function in the short term. This is clearly a medical problem. Why shouldnt they be able to use HGH or steroids or whatever they want to remedy this medical problem? Sure, just rest will heal this muscle damage after time. But thats the same for a lot of medical conditions. Steroids and HGH will shorten this recovery time for this very real medical condition. Why can't they get the medicines they so desperately need?

FlyWf 10-21-2007 01:04 PM

I think in an attempt to make his argument look stupid you sort of accidentally made him look right. No one in the history of the steroid scandal has ever been ever to make a convincing/logical argument for drawing the "bad substances"/"allowed substances" where it gets drawn(the current standard is "Whatever substances the media thinks Barry Bonds took").

[censored] steroids threads.

Also, nobody read Paul Byrd's autobiography because it hasn't been published yet, FWIW.

DesertCat 10-21-2007 01:11 PM

Paul Byrd is just more proof that HGH is not a performance enhancing drug. Shouldn't there be a single valid medical study that shows a drug has significant performance enhancing effects before we worry about athletes using it?

Yawn steroid threads.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-21-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Byrd is just more proof that HGH is not a performance enhancing drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Toro 10-21-2007 01:51 PM

vhawk, I said nothing about steroids. Steroids have serious negative side effects. Steroids also make people freaky big. Neither is true of HGH.