Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   3/6- confusion vs technologic (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527394)

mrcoughman 10-20-2007 09:04 PM

Re: 3/6- confusion vs technologic

[ QUOTE ]
c/r is sexy awesome with sauce's image at the tables, how does techno play stats wise, and does he make big plays at pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

This maybe be true but I find it hard to believe that Tech is value shoving a worse hand here.
Also this would be a pretty crazy bluff...

Redgrape 10-20-2007 09:10 PM

Yeah I like the check raise for pot control, i can imagine techno thinking sauce is pushing him around because his range is weak and go call/call, which makes me seriously weirded out by his raise. I call.

DCal Zone 10-20-2007 09:24 PM

tech has 77 or 88 wayyy too often of the time here to make this a call imo.

Redgrape 10-20-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tech has 77 or 88 wayyy too often of the time here to make this a call imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a horrible mistake on tech's pot not raising the flop with a set though because of pot control, right?

Yeti 10-20-2007 09:49 PM

redgrape, what the fk are you talking about? is this some hilarious in-joke?

ipokeder 10-20-2007 09:50 PM

^ no.

and why do you have to get your stack in the middle? if you haven't noticed, your hand did not improve over anything other than 78

Praetor 10-20-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
redgrape, what the fk are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

DCal Zone 10-20-2007 09:55 PM

It has a lot to do with metagame stuff tho. If tech has been calling a lot of flops and betting turns against sauce, he could decide to play a set this way cause he thinks it'll get sauce to put more money in.

Especially since tech is a nit, he's not gonna raise the flop for value a lot cause sauce knows tech is a nit, so he could lose value from like AT and AJ by raising the flop, but sauce could be convinced to put more moeny in on the turn.

I'm a lot spewier than tech is, and I'd just call this flop against sauce too. There's so many hands that sauce will just dump to a flop raise that it just seems smarter to try to build the pot on the turn.

DCal Zone 10-20-2007 09:59 PM

Also, tech would just call any worse Ace to the turn c/r cause he's not getting value from anything worse by shoving. So he has to bluff catch on the river.

I mean, I'd prob stack off here in the heat of the moment, but looking at the hand now it seems really obvious that AK is not possibly the best hand.

DCal Zone 10-20-2007 10:01 PM

Actually forget about metagame stuff, I think it's just poor practice to be raising a set on this flop. You have such a better chance of getting more money in on the turn than on the flop