Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   help settle debate on timing tells (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527366)

g-p 10-20-2007 09:12 PM

Re: help settle debate on timing tells

[ QUOTE ]
put him on 68 and check call his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
i like

Micturition Man 10-20-2007 09:19 PM

I'm not sure about NL as I have less experience there but in LHE a rapid call tends to be a sign of weakness - the caller is consciously or unconsciously trying to make you think bluffing the next street is hopeless.

ike 10-20-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about NL as I have less experience there but in LHE a rapid call tends to be a sign of weakness - the caller is consciously or unconsciously trying to make you think bluffing the next street is hopeless.

[/ QUOTE ]

shh

KRANTZ 10-20-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in lhe, bluffing the next street is hopeless

SlowHabit 10-20-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in lhe, bluffing the next street is hopeless

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you think the word "value-bluff" exists [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Daliman 10-20-2007 11:29 PM

There really isn't much to debate; timing tells are definitely viable, although highly subjective and player-dependent. In this specific case, I think RR'd pots throw off the standard timing tells dynamic for most players, as they often think more, hollywood more, etc, so I don't think your timing read adds much to your bluff value, especially barring significant history with the player.

spino1i 10-21-2007 01:12 PM

I definitely think its a mistake to assume that he had a weak hand because he took a while. He might have been trying to figure out how to get the most value from his monster..

EC10 10-21-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There really isn't much to debate; timing tells are definitely viable, although highly subjective and player-dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is spot on. there are tons of players who snap call when theyre on a weak made hand/drawing, and tons of players who do the same with the nuts (nuts meaning they fully intend to call the next street(s))

g-p 10-21-2007 04:14 PM

ok so no wonder he had 777

PMP07 10-21-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as a general rule, quick calls from a villain mean they want to get to showdown, or free card.

I'm much more apt to dbl barrel a turn, or 3rd barrel if I'm quick called.

If he takes his time, I generally think he has a strong hand and is thinking of best way to get value, or what have you...before he makes his action.

Of course, eventual reads and [censored] change this some...

but that's my general rule of hu. Quick call = weak hand, drawing hand, wants free showdown. Delay call = strongish hand, made hand, etc.

I've played a lot of HU, but this last summer I've really noticed this more/payed more attention to... and put in the most amount of hands I have at hu play, near 160k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree. Quick calls from an opponent generally mean they're hoping to slow the bettor down and get to showdown as cheap as possible imo.