Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   47 days as a trainee accountant vs 6 hours at online poker.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527306)

TheMetetron 10-20-2007 06:49 PM

Re: 47 days as a trainee accountant vs 6 hours at online poker....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before and i'll say it again...the nuts is job+parttime poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

this man speaks the truth.

edit: for 99% of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice edit. I was going to take serious issue with it otherwise. Never in a million years could you get me to get a job that restricts my movement and pays me crap while I come home and make over $500/hr playing a card game. Perhaps when I retire I'll pick up a [censored] paying job just for kicks, but while I'm playing professionally there isn't a chance in hell.

Also, who the [censored] can get in 15 hours a week of work and top that off with 30-40 hours a week of poker. If I do 25 hours a week of poker it was a great week [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

john kane 10-20-2007 07:13 PM

the main reason for quitting would be if i could ship say $500k each year for the next 3-4 years. then ship some retirement i guess/do something i'd find interesting to try and make the monies rather than grinding at the job.

RUDEBOY1 10-20-2007 07:40 PM

MOTD good? Did Gerrard dive or not?

I missed MOTD because i had to do 2 hours of overtime.

john kane 10-20-2007 07:42 PM

the pundits thought it wasn't a dive, i thought it was a bit dubious.

gogo crystal palace.

fusting1234 10-20-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From this post and reading your msnl stuff it just sounds like you are used to bumming around post-university so it's a rude wake-up call, and you are in the wrong career. There are plenty of challenging and interesting jobs out there that don't require 100 hours a week and allow for a life and poker on the side.

congrats on a nice win

[/ QUOTE ]\

No this is so wrong.

Because when he has a day where this is opposite, he wants to kill himself thinking he just blew away the last 47 days worth of work

TheEye 10-20-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MOTD good? Did Gerrard dive or not?

I missed MOTD because i had to do 2 hours of overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

no dive...however everton should have been awarded a couple of pens as well.

dragonystic 10-20-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

From this post and reading your msnl stuff it just sounds like you are used to bumming around post-university so it's a rude wake-up call, and you are in the wrong career. There are plenty of challenging and interesting jobs out there that don't require 100 hours a week and allow for a life and poker on the side.

congrats on a nice win

[/ QUOTE ]\

No this is so wrong.

Because when he has a day where this is opposite, he wants to kill himself thinking he just blew away the last 47 days worth of work

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is wrong.

Can there be a more condescending sentence? God I hate when people write that.

[Phill] 10-20-2007 08:41 PM

Gerrad did dive (professional dive, welcome to modern football) and in general Everton was robbed.

Nice day man - havent spoke to you in ages so dunno how much you hating the accounting crap, but a bad day at poker is WAY worse than a bad day at work - im sure you know this as well as anyone.

Also, good to see youve got past your gazillion hand break even streak [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

RUDEBOY1 10-20-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gerrad did dive (professional dive, welcome to modern football) and in general Everton was robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like pretty much every Merseyside derby then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

fusting1234 10-20-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

congrats on a nice win

[/ QUOTE ]\

No this is so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is wrong.

Can there be a more condescending sentence? God I hate when people write that.

[/ QUOTE ]

want me to call the wahhhmmmbulance for you?