Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4 straight on board, vill raising my donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526170)

Unknown Soldier 10-18-2007 10:33 PM

Re: 4 straight on board, vill raising my donk

no, river is not a push. Even if you have 1c left, don't put it in.

sublime 10-18-2007 10:35 PM

yeah thinking about it for 10 seconds makes me realize shoving on for the last 12 is silly.

markuisis 10-18-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS. River is a push, not a call. Villain has only $12 left behind and calls with all of his range which includes more hands that Hero beats then the one hand that beats Hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

...??? so what if hes only got 12 left on the river. who bluff min raises a psb on the river this shallow? hero's chopping/beat

[/ QUOTE ]

id say his minraise instead of a push hugely favors a lone jack, ur getting 4:1, easy call, he might even have something really dumb like aces (not saying u should call hoping for that though)

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah thinking about it for 10 seconds makes me realize shoving on for the last 12 is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not.

Villain beats you with one hand. You are going to split alot. And an unknown who has open completed a couple times in 8 hands is maybe not the best player ever...and he can easily turn his hand into a bluff hoping you can't call without a Jack. He might have a 7, he might have 2pr or a set or w/e. IMO he has those hands more than he does have QJ and so you should push because he can't fold anything for $12.

Basically, we just eliminate the single jacks from his range. If we think he has QJ 51% of time compared to his other hands, we just call. I happen to think it's a push because he has the other hands more and it's certainly not silly.

sublime 10-18-2007 10:46 PM

meh i mean i shoved at the time with the same thought process as you just laid out so i didnt think it was THAT silly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] still, thinking on it i think that that last $12 is -EV and only did it because its 'only' $12 which is a silly was to operate.

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 10:50 PM

ok. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and tbh, it's probably 1bb in EV either way.

Unknown Soldier 10-18-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, we just eliminate the single jacks from his range. If we think he has QJ 51% of time compared to his other hands, we just call. I happen to think it's a push because he has the other hands more and it's certainly not silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's your thought process then fair enough. It wasn't clear from your last post.

However, I think we're definitely behind his range here.

ManChild 10-18-2007 11:07 PM

wow, stick it in and stop being pussies, its [censored] HU on the 8th hand, hes likely a donk, you are only losing to 1 hand, and he isnt folding if he has anything on the river for 12$

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 11:19 PM

lol i don't think being a pussy has anything to do with anything. it's a poker decision that can likely go either way.

sublime 10-18-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, stick it in and stop being pussies, its [censored] HU on the 8th hand, hes likely a donk, you are only losing to 1 hand, and he isnt folding if he has anything on the river for 12$

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the thinking (that i used) i thought was silly fwiw