Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   four maybe interesting hands from the $300 6m wcoop event (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524694)

Pudge714 10-17-2007 11:24 AM

Re: four maybe interesting hands from the $300 6m wcoop event

Hand 1 Lead flop. Pasterbator lol at thinking people will bet KK/QQ on the river.

Hand 2 I agree with Eagles this doesn't seem like a bluff line and he can't really have that many draws unless the is doing something weird and turning a Pair + draw into a bluff.

Hand 3 Has he squeezed yet? Sometimes laggro guys will squeeze the first time they can if they haven't squeezed in a while.

Hand 4: I think I raise/fold, unless I think they are aggro enough that I would need to raise/call than I would jam.

Pasterbator 10-17-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 Lead flop. Pasterbator lol at thinking people will bet KK/QQ on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT I WOULD!

Pasterbator 10-17-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT I WOULD!

[/ QUOTE ]

then again, they probably arent going to call your river c/r, and since most people underbet in lots of places, you'll be making way less than you would if you bet.

Therefor, i like a river bet. Near pot sized.

eBo 10-17-2007 12:33 PM

Hand 1: If this is a guy who calls a raise out of the BB w/A2, then that means he loves aces. Meaning, he could have any in this hand, and you have to be more aggressive. Either lead, or c/r.

XXsooted 10-17-2007 01:23 PM

Hand 1 Hard to earn more money unless you have a bad image, but people never believe leads so you could try that if you think there's a decent chance he has a pair. I like the way you played it though because you earn money from KQ type hands.
Hand 2 I don't think he ever has anything here, his line makes no sense. On a KT9 r flop he bets over pot on the flop, then 1/3 pot on the turn. I would probably call with a 9.
Hand 3 is really tough, even if he has only squeezed once before anyone that is smart enough to 3bet a wide range would be smart enough to squeeze. I'd probably fold too though, especially considering he's squeezing against utg and utg + 1, but it's close.
Hand 4 I fold. Raise/call is really bad because alot of people will think they have FE with something like 33. You're a little too big to shove I think

DJA 10-17-2007 02:49 PM

Hand 1
I like the play... I assume you checked the turn going for check raise. Maybe a stop and go here is better...

On the river, you may have to bet a little less to get called.

Hand 2:
Wow... WTF... I think you are ahead... but I would have trouble calling. cold call / over bet the pot / under bet the pot / go all in. Tough one. I would probably call here... I think?

Hand 3: I fold. You are out of position with AQo

Hand 4: All in or 4X the blind with the intention of going with it. Reads are relatively important because if I have a guy who will make a move on me, I probably go all in. Folding not a bad play either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hate this hand.

mikeJ 10-17-2007 05:52 PM

Hand 1, I like pf/flop/turn. Cbettor will bluff this flop very often, so you lose that bluff money when you lead. By river, I would just bet something small like 1400, cause a lot of his range is two pair and air. I think TT type hand is going to fold to your 2700 bet a fair % of time on river. YOur range is more ace/float when you lead for 2750, whereas when you lead for like 1400, people can convince themselves you are blocking and call you w/ a weak hand or bluff you.

Hand 2: I just bet/fold the flop. People will rarely bluff raise you there, they can call you w/ a lot of stuff pair+gs stuff, and they won't bluff that often when checked to. As played, i dunno about flop. We talked about not having the ability to vbet. Fold river once you get there tho.

Hand 3: Fold

Hand 4: Meh, if my image is tight and players haven't been too aggressive, I'll raise/fold here. Yea, we don't get flatted that often, but it's more of a randomizing/game theory thing. If they are aggro enough where you have to raise/call, just open fold.

luckychewy 10-18-2007 12:50 AM

mike, wrt hand 2, by checking i regain relative position from the sb on the turn, as well as control pot a little because it's not the greatest flop. also giving a free card is fine because i'm generally not just going to stack off if someone 5 outs me on the turn.

everyone, wrt hand 4...shoving is unexploitable against any opponents, and +cEV anywhere from .5bb to 1.5bb assuming realistic call ranges. i'm all for passing up small edge in a tournament with a good structure, but is this a small edge? seems like long term this is too much to pass up.

djk123 10-18-2007 01:09 AM

i don't feel qualified to comment on the postflop decisions but open folding hand 4 would be very stinky. raise/fold doesnt sound too appealing either. but shoving is def +ev.

ZJ123 10-18-2007 01:16 AM

i raise/call #4