Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Flop the nuts and get check-raised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524350)

Hattifnatt 10-16-2007 06:57 PM

Re: Flop the nuts and get check-raised

you cannot really go wrong on this one unless you fold.

curtains 10-16-2007 07:04 PM

reraise for sure on JT9 board. I dont like calling at all.

registrar 10-16-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's only fair to stress that 'very strong' or 'in any way strong' on part of the standard crypto villain's range here.

Also, we can also certainly discount sets from his range too.

So anyway, I called and turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] giving me an OESFD. He checks...

Ansky 10-16-2007 08:15 PM

calling sucks here just rr

djk123 10-16-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling sucks here just rr

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see why calling sucks. our 4 bet will look really strong and even a donk might fold top pair. if there was a fl draw or if we had a lower straight i'd rr since our hand would be more vulnerable.

GreatKerblini 10-16-2007 11:13 PM

donks lead top pair on this board -- not c-r -- his line def looks strong and will most likely not get away from the hand with a small 4 bet.

TheNewf 10-17-2007 01:02 AM

So many turn cards kill our action and there are tons of hands he'll be happy to get in on the flop with just 3-bet

0evg0 10-17-2007 02:25 AM

doing anything but 3betting here is so retarded since no one is ever ever ever ever folding 2 pair or even pair + oesd

auc hincloss 10-17-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's only fair to stress that 'very strong' or 'in any way strong' on part of the standard crypto villain's range here.

Also, we can also certainly discount sets from his range too.

So anyway, I called and turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] giving me an OESFD. He checks...

[/ QUOTE ]

if you smooth called i'd check behind turn here, its that spew? Infact i know it is. . .

my god this is third time editing.. I actually like check behind if set's are definately out of his range?

registrar 10-17-2007 04:50 AM

Calling the flop bet is bad when you consider villain's whole range and all the bad things that can happen on the turn. I called because, on Crypto, you'll see this a lot: limp/call pf and then some 'dumb and pointless bluff' (phrase courtesy of Nath) on the flop. Sets and the nuts are really unlikely due to pf.

My mistake was to think that because so much of his range can't put more chips in UI, I should call and hope that he improves.

This means I should have checked behind on the turn, as played.

However, better is just to three-bet because he may get overexcited with his legitimate range but also because it gives me the best chance of getting all my chips against 77, or A8 or whatever the [censored] these people do this with.

I like Shaun's 3b size, but to be honest I think 777 or 888 is better.

In short, we have to give villain the chance to make a mind-bogglingly bad mistake on the flop because he clearly doesn't like being popped OOP.

He check-folded the turn.