Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Why do people back into parking spaces? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524256)

Isura 10-16-2007 01:13 PM

Re: Why do people back into parking spaces?

I never do it. I do drive thru though when the opportunity arises!

KilgoreTrout 10-16-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it easier to back out of a parking space than to back in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you drive a large vehicle. Much easier to drive straight out of a tight spot than to try to back my pickup out and risk squashing the Civic behind me.

mrkilla 10-16-2007 01:21 PM

Daliman is that you?

stabn 10-16-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very important. I also hate it when people park in a space that has a pull through possibility but don't pull through. Thus wasting the pull through.

tuq 10-16-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very important. I also hate it when people park in a space that has a pull through possibility but don't pull through. Thus wasting the pull through.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know that I *hate* it when they do this as they're only screwing themselves. It is however a referendum on their intelligence and efficiency.

stabn 10-16-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know that I *hate* it when they do this as they're only screwing themselves. It is however a referendum on their intelligence and efficiency.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if it was the only available pull through but there were plenty of other non-pull through spots. So they [censored] my ability to pull through without even using it themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

tuq 10-16-2007 01:41 PM

cabn,

OK, good point. But I can't say that I remember the last time I recall that happening. You must park a lot more often than I do.

stabn 10-16-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cabn,

OK, good point. But I can't say that I remember the last time I recall that happening. You must park a lot more often than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens like every day at work. There will be 6 cars parked wasting all the pull throughs when I get here. Of course there will be like 10502382 other parking spaces they could have used and not wasted them (underground garage, some spaces blocked by pillars/large supports).

Tony_P 10-16-2007 01:49 PM

Maybe the people who don't pull through are gonna have lots to load in the trunk?

Hollywade 10-16-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people back into parking spaces???

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when they want to leave, it's a lot easier to just drive out than have to back out.