Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Wanted: Sympathy and Reassurance After Two Weeks of Hell! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523272)

smellmuth 10-15-2007 08:21 AM

Re: Wanted: Sympathy and Reassurance After Two Weeks of Hell!

post when you get to 50k hands breakeven [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

10-15-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem like youve got your head screwed on, I play part time as I work fulltime, but still, downswings hurt like hell. The main thing is to take a break, and roll with it. I know how you feel and it actually feels good to hear somone else on the same kinda problem as me, i can tear up games for 20 or 30k hands then all of a sudden, i cannot win.

Its just the way poker is i guess, you just gotta make sure youve got financial backup to help you get through it without goin busto.

Gluck.

[/ QUOTE ]

take some days off. Downswings/breakeven stretches mess with your head. If you have a friend, who knows how to play, let him look while you play and comment, to reasure your confidence.

GL

Ganjasaurus Rex 10-15-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fgators: "lol, you call that a bad run? page me in 1598600 hands, n00b!"

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...fit/gators.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BigDan9 10-15-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
30k hands min bro. Grind thru the variences. Personally I would stick with 1-2nl till I had 35-40k. BR-NIT-FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, mate. I'm going to stick to 1-2 for at least a few days until things smooth out a bit and a copy of "Poker Mindset" is on the way from Amazon already.

And I'm starting to feel like a real nit now, but what on earth does BR-NIT-FTW mean?

matt85 10-15-2007 09:01 AM

Variance.

Plus you make more than that from RB surely?

BigDan9 10-15-2007 09:13 AM

I play on Pacific and Bodog, neither of which offer Rakeback. :-(

SinkRox 10-15-2007 09:29 AM

bankroll nit for the win.

BigDan, out of curiosity how many hands have you logged at 1/2?

BigDan9 10-15-2007 09:41 AM

Err..right. I think I'm still missing something - lol.

I'm at 61,000 for 1/2, currently running at 4.5BB/100, and at 25,000 for 2/4, now running at a fairly pathetic 2.25/100. I am well aware that's a fairly small sample size but my number of hands per month is increasing with multi-tabling and generally increased confidence/motivation.

What's a decent number of hands to aim for in a month? 30,000? 40,000? Or more?

hra146 10-15-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Err..right. I think I'm still missing something - lol.

I'm at 61,000 for 1/2, currently running at 4.5BB/100, and at 25,000 for 2/4, now running at a fairly pathetic 2.25/100. I am well aware that's a fairly small sample size but my number of hands per month is increasing with multi-tabling and generally increased confidence/motivation.

What's a decent number of hands to aim for in a month? 30,000? 40,000? Or more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could play 30 or 40k and still have a job with that.

Tbh, the first thing that came to my mind when I read this was "If you have to ask this question chances are high that you shouldnt be a professional player at all"

Im not taking the right to say this cause Im such a great player or because I know it all. Much rather Ive been in the same situation as you; call it "going pro, without being a pro" - its no good.

Getting a job just to cover your living and steadily growing a roll / gaining experience / getting better really is the way to go. There are just too many things in your posts that indicate (to me) that youre not quite ready.

I dont judge about your play, you may very well be a winning player. However, really making a living online takes so much more than just to know how to play the cards.

Its all just a personal opinion and I could be very wrong,... but I may not.

Ill end this little lesson with : Swings can get much worse than that.

BigDan9 10-15-2007 10:03 AM

Points taken, hra. I'm impressed if you can rack up 30,000 or 40,000 hands in addition to a full-time job - I obviously need to step up my game!