Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Really Tough Week (Survivor Decision) - Need Suggestions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523151)

kyro 10-15-2007 12:29 PM

Re: Really Tough Week (Survivor Decision) - Need Suggestions

Haha sucker. I'm already out so I don't have to make this decision.

dmk 10-15-2007 12:33 PM

umterp, this is for the same league you're talking about moran. the one mets got you in, right?

dmk 10-15-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha sucker. I'm already out so I don't have to make this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

not pog league, but ya, this is not an easy decision

dmk 10-15-2007 12:34 PM

also, it looks like the earliest i'll be able to use IND is week 10????

this week is no good on the road vs jax on MNF
next week is carolina on the road i believe
then the following week is NE

dmk 10-15-2007 12:38 PM

and i had 3 entries. this was my "safe" group while the other 2 were more of the "pick the ok teams early" philosophy. i'm down to this entry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i'm not sure i want to touch the NYG game because NYG is so...off...they seem to be running extremely hot/cold so far this season. but, they *are* playing SF

jazzy, the one we're on is officefootballpool.com

UMTerp 10-15-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umterp, this is for the same league you're talking about moran. the one mets got you in, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it's the same league? Mine isn't on officefootballpool.

I don't know mets except thru POG (did he advertise it on there?), but it's certainly possible it's the same league - I think it's mostly East Coasters. A co-worker of mine turned me on to it three seasons ago. My initials are "PR" - I've got two entries left that I share with two friends.

We each control one entry on our own (mine is left), and the fourth we collaborate on (that one's still alive too). Split everything three ways no matter which entry wins. Pretty sure I'm going Washington on "mine" for the reasons I listed above, then I don't know what they'll decide for the second one. We still have NE, IND, and PIT available on both, so I'm feeling pretty good so far.

Guess I'll have to stop giving advice if we make it really deep... Or we can just chop once we're heads up! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

There's three entries with the picks you listed - are you AT, SW, or TH?

dmk 10-15-2007 03:05 PM

ahh, nm. i thought you were in the same one as me. must have been someone else...

anyway, i really hate going saints when they have 1 whole win...

kdog 10-15-2007 11:18 PM

I'm taking the Giants this week unless Az is playing Rattay at QB again. That might necessitate a switch to Wash.

LotsOfOuts69 10-16-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any other thoughts on WAS/NYG for Week 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Giants have Miami left as well, its listed as away but its the game in London.

They also have Buffalo left, but thats away as well I believe.

UMTerp 10-16-2007 09:33 AM

After watching that game last night, the Giants are better than I thought, and the Falcons are worse (if that's possible.)

Lines are out now too:

NYG -10 vs. SF
WAS -7 vs. ARI
NO -7 vs. ATL

I think the Giants number is a little big since they'll be coming off a short week and SF had a Week 6 bye, but we'll see. The Skins offensive line is so banged up that I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on them, but I think I'm still leaning that way because of (in order) (1) the mess the Cardinals are currently - LOL @ Rattay, (2) how well the Redskins have played at home - the 4th quarter of the Giants game nonwithstanding, and (3) the future spots of the teams involved.

Those are definitely the three games to pick from though (assuming NE and SEA are off the board for you.) There's no reason to consider Cincinnati IMO, given their form thus far.