Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dusty Baker to be announced as Reds manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522497)

Neuge 10-14-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Dusty Baker to be announced as Reds manager

[ QUOTE ]
Tough break Reds fans. I project 250 innings for Homer Bailey next year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Baker's gonna completely destroy him.

Dudd 10-14-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does Adam Dunn get traded? He is a notorious base clogger after all.

Edit: I now see the Reds probably aren't going to pick up his 2008 option and let him take free agency, problem solved!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I'm not a huge Dunn fan or anything, but the guy did hit 40 HR's along with giving an OBP of .386 and an OPS of .940. His option is only $12 million, what is the point of not picking it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that my research consisted of typing Adam Dunn free agent into google and hitting the I'm feeling lucky button, so ymmv.

rwperu34 10-14-2007 03:05 AM

How long until the Reds are back in the postseason? Will it be 2008 or do you think it will take until 2009?

wisehandpoker 10-14-2007 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long until the Reds are back in the postseason? Will it be 2008 or do you think it will take until 2009?

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

sublime 10-14-2007 03:58 AM

why do teams feel the need to pay 'name' managers all kinds of money? wtf, spend it on the team in some other capacity and hire some non name from AAA.

Neuge 10-14-2007 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

level?

[/ QUOTE ]
obv, but the Reds do have a lot of young talent in their organization. Top 2 and 3 of the top 10 prospects in the International League. Jay Bruce is the top prospect in all of the minor leagues and won Baseball America's minor league player of the year. He's only 20 and looks absolutely sick.

Neuge 10-14-2007 04:05 AM

Also, reports have said Jocketty was offered the Reds CEO position, whatever that means. Supposedly it's a position between Castellini and Krivsky, which could only help keep that dropkick Krivsky in check a bit.

siccjay 10-14-2007 05:06 AM

I am a Reds fan and I am very sad. WHY WHY WHY

Neuge 10-14-2007 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does Adam Dunn get traded? He is a notorious base clogger after all.

Edit: I now see the Reds probably aren't going to pick up his 2008 option and let him take free agency, problem solved!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I'm not a huge Dunn fan or anything, but the guy did hit 40 HR's along with giving an OBP of .386 and an OPS of .940. His option is only $12 million, what is the point of not picking it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that my research consisted of typing Adam Dunn free agent into google and hitting the I'm feeling lucky button, so ymmv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]. I just did the same to see what you read. I have no idea who Dan Graziano is, but he's a complete [censored] moron. Yeah, picking up 40 HR, .940 OPS, .305 EqA for 12M is a horrible idea. Even for a small market like the Reds, that's a great deal.

This just makes me agree even more with kyleb's assessment that you can judge a person's baseball knowledge by their opinions on Ichiro and Dunn.

Neuge 10-14-2007 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Reds fan and I am very sad. WHY WHY WHY

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

aksdja;l;klshffhsk;la;;a

sajkdk;a
sdjdf