Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How will the games develop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522101)

Kirbynator 10-13-2007 02:44 PM

Re: How will the games develop?

it's hard to predict events that will affect the answer

most likely a bit tougher

dying2win 10-13-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see Huck Seed run a large corporation, or Mike Matusow invest in commercial property.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was funnies

Bulletproof Monk 10-13-2007 02:55 PM

I PICKED THE FOURTH OPTION BECAUSE FOUR IS MY LUCKY NUMBER

roy_miami 10-13-2007 03:36 PM

One scenario where I could see the games getting easier is if the NL-limit-NL thing is cyclic and limit once again becomes the game of choice. Most of the grinding TAGs have now moved to NL leaving the door open for limit fish to beat up on each other where perhaps a few will amass good enough sized rolls to sustain them for a while.

Readzie 10-13-2007 05:02 PM

ya rio, but is mike even making money? a 400nl grinder 'nets' more then him.

the point about the 15million bankroll making 1 million a year is pretty much what i ment but much better explained. For me to spend my bankroll to invest would be insane, id never see the returns i see year in and out via poker.

its such a good point.

was it barry that said that most poker players are awful businessmen? wish i would of rem'd that before i posted, but i dont think that applies to the new online guru's.

people like taylor caby have/can/will transition to much bigger things and for the rest of us.. thats a very good thing. helps to keep the overall profitability of a stake a bit higher in the long run each time a shark moves on.

SpecT 10-13-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard to predict events that will affect the answer

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, could have another boom if industry gets regulated (makes way for bellagio etc to have online rooms) or the asian market gets tapped. If that doesn't happen though the games will get slightly harder, but I doubt by much

craig1120 10-13-2007 05:15 PM

The gap between the elite players and the good players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

Oki-Oki 10-13-2007 05:26 PM

Everything hinges on poker remaining popular with recreational players because they are the ones making this all possible.

But the games will never be how they once were. But I dont think they will get too much tougher at low and mid limits. High limits is totally a different matter

Noir_Desir 10-13-2007 05:29 PM

I switched to 7 card stud, i rely on the skillful people dying out and the games getting juicier and juicier.

Oki-Oki 10-13-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gap between the elite players and the good players is going to get a lot wider within the next couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%