Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What do i do here on the flop? 25nl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521991)

Thuey11 10-13-2007 03:57 PM

Re: What do i do here on the flop? 25nl

[ QUOTE ]
i probalby 4bet pf, but in these spots if i have TT+ here i generally just CC. No worse hands are calling and they may continue to bet. just sucks we're OOP.

BTW you didnt give me a shoutout at the tables :<

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey ship, u were at my tables???? What's your pstars screen name? Anyways on the hand I raised the flop to 6.75 and folded to a shove...he showed KK but i still think i misplayed the hand. BTW how is 50nl compared to 25nl, i'm gonna move up pretty soon.

vixticator 10-13-2007 04:05 PM

Both in pot are short. I'm moving in after minraise 3bet and expect to get called by 66+ because they put me on AK.

CruS 10-13-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both in pot are short. I'm moving in after minraise 3bet and expect to get called by 66+ because they put me on AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, recognize you are only risking 15$ here and in 25NL I pretty much want to get it in w/ QQ any time PF vs a 15$ stack, and now you face two shorties.

SPQR 10-14-2007 07:36 AM

Why does stack of villain matter? 3bet pf means JJ+ a lot of times - doesn't it? I don't want to be up against that. Can someone explain how I should think?

DockDD 10-14-2007 08:21 AM

SPQR: Until proven otherwise, I consider people who buy-in short or let their stacks get below ~75-80% of a full buy in to be poor players. Button also makes a min raise. Sometimes you'll see JJ+ of course, but both of their ranges are far wider. I'd be happy to get AIPF so I'd raise PF. I'd check-raise as played, since I trapped him.

Aside: I don't have a lot of time to table select, so I'll often join a few tables at min/default buy-in, then top off after an orbit or two has given me some reads on the players. I think a lot of players could benefit by doing this, though we'd lose all the "no reads, stack off w/ TPTK?" posts.

willyc 10-14-2007 11:54 AM

Make it 4.50 preflop with the intention of calling a shove.

Raise to 7 on the flop and call a shove.

If we're up against a full stack then probably fold to a 5-bet preflop and fold to a 4-bet on the flop.

I really hate calling down out of position. You give him the chance to shut down if he's holding Ax/Kx and doesn't spike TP on the turn/river, or to keep going if he does.

Bonk 10-14-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would make a good raise pre-flop and call an all-in. Notice that both your opponents do not have a full buy-in. For those who suggested raising pre-flop and folding to a 5-bet, I donīt see how you can fold QQ in NL-25 to a guy who has only 15 bucks. The flop was good for your hand, I would raise, it will be difficult to play OOP if you just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with most parts except that I don't think it's such a good flop for your hand because JJ shutdowns on turn and AA will just shove it. I have a feeling that calling down here is -EV unless villain is spewy. Whenever I find myself in this situation I'm against KK+ almost always.