Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Michael Clayton (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521716)

Dominic 10-13-2007 03:11 AM

Re: Michael Clayton

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm even more excited to see it now! Do you actively write reviews on other sites Dominic?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, I waste enough of my time on this one...glad u liked it!

Blarg 10-13-2007 12:28 PM

Dean never seemed to husband a resource, though. He always seemed to be dissipating and not caring that he did. It was hard to picture him ever getting any better at anything, or caring. Clooney seems much more ambitious.

JuntMonkey 10-13-2007 03:02 PM

I don't like a Rat Pack comparison. I don't know much about the rest of them, but from what I know of Sinatra he was an abominable piece of [censored] human being, and I don't think Clooney should be associated with that. More Cary Grant/Clark Gable/Bogart - the absurdly charismatic and good-looking actors of yore.

Blarg 10-13-2007 03:26 PM

Cary Grant's glib but friendly manner does ring a bit of a bell, though Clooney doesn't have quite his polish -- but then again, who did?

pryor15 10-13-2007 06:27 PM

this definitely increases my interest level

CharlieDontSurf 10-13-2007 10:20 PM

Saw it and thought it was very good. Only quibble is Clooney won't be winning any awards for his role short of the kind of jokey wons possibly...golden globe etc. He played it very well but it isn't a major stretch from the normal Clooney role. Wilkinson is fantastic.

JuntMonkey 10-14-2007 02:25 PM

*SPOILERS* in white.

<font color="white">Is Clayton doing anything "wrong" at the end? When he took the $80,000 loan/bonus, wasn't there an implied gag order? Is he going to stay with the firm?</font>

Dominic 10-14-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*SPOILERS* in white.

<font color="white">Is Clayton doing anything "wrong" at the end? When he took the $80,000 loan/bonus, wasn't there an implied gag order? Is he going to stay with the firm?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

He hadn't signed the contract/nondisclosure form yet. Plus, I'm reasonably sure those kind NDs would be hard to enforce when the whistle blower is reporting something illegal.

CharlieDontSurf 10-14-2007 10:09 PM

The XXX had to do with all the fixing he had done in the past.

DLizzle 10-15-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*SPOILERS* in white.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I really liked about the movie was that he wasn't exactly a saint (he had a gambling problem, basically told his son that he wasn't a great role model, and performed a job that he knew sometimes assisted bad people and hurt good ones), and this made it believable, at least to me, that at the end he might have been serious about what he was proposing to the woman. This doesn't answer your questions really but they made me think of this.