Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Rivered my wheel but this doesn't smell too good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519637)

gman06 10-10-2007 01:11 PM

Re: Rivered my wheel but this doesn\'t smell too good

No 1 3-bets the river w/ air, esp. to the amount he did. He has 3Xss or 2Xss a lot. I like a fold.

jfish 10-10-2007 01:21 PM

easy call

Triumph36 10-10-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No 1 3-bets the river w/ air, esp. to the amount he did. He has 3Xss or 2Xss a lot. I like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

who three bets with these hands in this spot? does he ever get paid off? this is sick thin value if that's the case.

there also aren't that many combinations of 2xss or 3xss that make sense.

g-p 10-10-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why cant he have the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure he can, if he potted flop into two people with KsXs.

i'm mainly wondering if I win this 20% or 25% or whatever it takes to call, and if my line in the rest of the hand was most appropriate for the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pot it with a flush draw in his spot...

[/ QUOTE ]
the spades came backdoor, i dont think you pot flops with all your backdoor flush draws

this hand is super weird, 32ss makes sense but no way he 3 bets river. i might just call because i couldn't figure out wtf he has.

PerDoom 10-10-2007 01:52 PM

Why wouldn't 32ss 3bet the river? We'd have to have exactly 54ss for him to be behind.

I think you have to call with pot odds given as he could show up with the same hand a high % of the time and maybe even a9 sometimes.

Melchiades 10-10-2007 01:59 PM

Does he pot K2ss/J3ss and stuff like that on the flop? Does he complete with those hands preflop?

Requin 10-10-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't 32ss 3bet the river? We'd have to have exactly 54ss for him to be behind.

I think you have to call with pot odds given as he could show up with the same hand a high % of the time and maybe even a9 sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]It was limped PF, we could show up with like K3ss here.
Well not if he has exactly 23ss, but if he has only one of those 2 spades and another one.

Roy Gonzo 10-10-2007 02:16 PM

The more I think about the more I think you are good in this spot often enough to make this a fistpump call!

The A and even the Q hit your flop floating range!

This line makes the most sense if Villain has a small pocket pair and called preflop, hit his set on the flop and tried to take your A9ish hand to valuetown.

I call and hope to see deuces!

BobboFitos 10-10-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why cant he have the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure he can, if he potted flop into two people with KsXs.

i'm mainly wondering if I win this 20% or 25% or whatever it takes to call, and if my line in the rest of the hand was most appropriate for the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pot it with a flush draw in his spot...

[/ QUOTE ]
the spades came backdoor, i dont think you pot flops with all your backdoor flush draws

this hand is super weird, 32ss makes sense but no way he 3 bets river. i might just call because i couldn't figure out wtf he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, woiw, good call, lol. id pot it with a normal flush draw, not the backdoor variety, of course! anyway i said earlier to call and this doesnt change it.

LearnedfromTV 10-10-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seems like his range to lead the flop could be as wide as his range to limp the SB.

High spades are a much bigger part of his range than they are of yours, but I guess that might be why he made the 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree w/ this. Imo, betting with a v wide range in a 3-way limped pot like this is, at a minimum, neutral EV compared with only betting 45, 32, sets, mid pps, 9s. Betting overcards + bdfd + bdsd (KJs, KTs) is profitable most of the time in his spot.

This doesn't mean he has spades enough to make it a fold, just that requiring his range to interact strongly with the flop doesn't make sense to me. It's not like he raised a raiser's cbet; he just donked a limped pot. The turn pot, after the flop is called, probably weights him away from air, but on the turn, spades isn't air anymore.

I throw up and call the river, because I don't like to fold.