Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Staking Agreement (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519074)

stunnersuh 10-09-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Staking Agreement

Yeah since I'm a charity. We just wanna make a bit of money together through, is that so hard to understand?

xmbs 10-09-2007 01:35 PM

What everyone is saying is that as a solid player you should not / don't seem to need the initial capital which is the entire point of a stake. Assuming you have that already just giving him a percentage of your winnings makes more sense.(Unless you were trying a new game/ new structure - moving from limit to nl or to tournaments or something in which case I can just about see the logic)

Noodles. 10-09-2007 01:40 PM

37.3124%!. Also, make a pole!

Henry17 10-09-2007 01:50 PM

Every couple of days someone starts one of these and it is always the same situation. The poster claims he is a solid player and then he is getting staked for some insignificant amount of money. Then they get angry when people point out that something doesn't add up.

A solid player does not need to be staked nor should a solid player want to be staked in a ring game if the stake is for an insignificant of money that anyone who is not a complete degenerate could come up with easily.

The only possible conclusion is

[ QUOTE ]
People who think they're solid players at low stakes are usually lying to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

mustmuck 10-09-2007 02:04 PM

stunnersuh, don't know much about staking agreements so I can't address your original question.

Others in this thread do have a point, though. If you're actually a solid winner in these games and have a full bankroll then you're just donating time or money to your friend. There's no reason not to do this, but it might be more fruitful for both of you if you add his money to your roll and move up to NL200.

Elvis57 10-09-2007 02:41 PM

How do you have 2 accounts at a site in the first place?

KEW 10-09-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah since I'm a charity. We just wanna make a bit of money together through, is that so hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is that hard to understand!!!!!

If what you say is true why not teach your "friend" how to win..While "teaching" you get 50% of the profits and he bears the risk of loss...

RikaKazak 10-09-2007 03:08 PM

I didn't read the post...but don't need to.

Staking friends is -EV...PERIOD!

If you want to be nice and do it, fine, but don't do it for the money, do it to be nice.

Henry17 10-09-2007 03:10 PM

Because what he is saying isn't true. Unfortunately the friend is not here to read this so he won't have any warning until all his money has been lost.

xxx 10-09-2007 05:27 PM

50/50 split, 3 mo, no makeup.

Although I agree with every other poster that something is fishy.

If you are a solid winner, you are donating time and money to your friend- so save the time and donate the money.

If you are not a solid winner, you are fooling either yourself or your friend.

So either way, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].