Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   ### NCAA Sunday NMST +24.5 @ Boise St O/U 62 ### (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517788)

Austiger 10-07-2007 08:56 PM

Re: ### NCAA Sunday NMST +24.5 @ Boise St O/U 62 ###

Chris Peterson must have watched the LSU game last night. 4th and goal from the 3 he goes for it. Should have kicked it. Hopefully NMSU can come back now.

MyTurn2Raise 10-07-2007 09:41 PM

I've lost enough this week...no halftimes for me

Ichabod1985 10-07-2007 09:46 PM

NMST +14 2nd Half 1 Unit
Under 29.5 2nd Half 1 Unit

MyTurn2Raise 10-07-2007 10:53 PM

don't go against huge late steam [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 10-07-2007 10:56 PM

BTW---does anyone else find it unreal that NMST passed for 529 yards v Boise last year?

bills217 10-07-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW---does anyone else find it unreal that NMST passed for 529 yards v Boise last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

No yardage total for any team coached by or playing against a team coached by Hal Mumme/Malzahn/Mike Leach would surprise me.

P.S. We have a very enjoyable running gag going for the Kentucky games this year. Regardless of situation, every time UK gets ready to punt/kickoff, one of us leans over to the rest and goes, "Hal Mumme would fake/onside this."

MicroBob 10-07-2007 11:08 PM

glad I didn't get a chance to come back to this game because I likely would have sided with NMST. Didn't think they were that bad and really didn't think BSU had gotten this good. That was just so many points to be giving a BSU team whose offense hasn't exactly been lighting up teams for 45+ pts like in past seasons.

NMST had competed decently with UNM and had beaten UTEP.
Getting killed 55-20 by Auburn is concerning but they're obviously pretty overmatched there and they did score 20 pts afterall so it's not like they're suddenly a terrible team just because the SEC clobbered them.
Barely beat Ark-PB last week which is pretty concerning but it happens.
They looked like a not-horrible team.

On the other side I was starting to like BSU's offense a bit more but it still wasn't exactly up to past seasons.
but then USM looked so horrible against Rice so I thought that BSU's good win against them really wasn't quite as good as I thought. I didn't discount it completely but it did change my perception slightly of how good BSU might be when I later saw that USM get manhandled that badly against freaking Rice of all teams.
USM looked just freaking awful regardless of their QB situation.

So for BSU to do this against a NMST team that had already beaten a CUSA team in UTEP really did surprise me somewhat.

Looked like a dodged a bullet on this one.

MyTurn2Raise 10-07-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No yardage total for any team coached by or playing against a team coached by Hal Mumme/Malzahn/Mike Leach would surprise me.

P.S. We have a very enjoyable running gag going for the Kentucky games this year. Regardless of situation, every time UK gets ready to punt/kickoff, one of us leans over to the rest and goes, "Hal Mumme would fake/onside this."

[/ QUOTE ]

NMST's longest play today was an excellent fake punt from inside their own 5!
Made more sense after seeing 2 blocked punts later.

Austiger 10-08-2007 12:03 AM

This is the worst I have missed a game all year. I am telling myself that if Holbrook were healthy it would have been closer, but...NMSU looked really bad tonight and Boise really good. I totally whiffed this one. Sometimes the bar eats you.

17-15 +2.8 units on the week after the carnage.

Jazzy3113 10-08-2007 10:16 AM

I have a totally random question I am hoping some of you college FB gurus remember from this weekend as I focus most of my betting on the NFL.

Was a money line option available for Stanford? One of my friends said it was the biggest upset in college history and since USC were 41 point favorites no book would have offered a stanford moneyline because the multiple would have been so high it could only have hurt the books.

Is this true? Was there no ML option available on Stanford?

Thanks