Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Why is There Flags All Over My Yard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516491)

Klompy 10-05-2007 07:03 PM

Re: Why is There Flags All Over My Yard

[ QUOTE ]
but I have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a ton of reasons it could be, fixing wires that are down there already, or maybe running new pipes/wires. It doesn't really matter though, whatever they're doing is most likely something that should be done. Pulling the flags out just slows them down.

offTopic 10-05-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come home from work today to find neon spray paint and little flags all over my yard. Some say "Buried phone" and some say "Buried Electrical Cable"

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the cops. They know where you buried the phone you took from the girl, and the know where you buried the cable you strangled her with. Your only course of action is to take advantage of their sloppy work and leave the state immediately. Be thankful there wasn't one that said, "Buried body". You still have time...

Dids 10-05-2007 07:05 PM

I would chide you for posting this in OOT before calling somebody first, but if you're on the east coast obviously you're not getting somebody in local government on the phone until Monday.

"There is also spray painted symbols in the street in front my my house"

May mean there's some utilty work that needs to be done on the street that will hit your property, although it seems unfathomable (and in a cynical way, totally fathomable) that they wouldn't let you know about this first.

tuq 10-05-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would chide you for posting this in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.

ncboiler 10-05-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you asking us? Call up your municipality, first call/one call, utility company if it was on the flags. Someone knows why they were there, and that person is not on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt my municipality has a phone number. I really don't think there is a phone number that I can call and have someone answer, "Yes. City of xxxx. how may I help you?"I doubt it's the electric Co or the phone Co. There was no indication on the flag as to who put them there. They contract that crap out anyway.

stabn 10-05-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant chive. Dids likes his meals seasoned properly.

Duke 10-05-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would chide you for posting this in OOT before calling somebody first, but if you're on the east coast obviously you're not getting somebody in local government on the phone until Monday.

"There is also spray painted symbols in the street in front my my house"

May mean there's some utilty work that needs to be done on the street that will hit your property, although it seems unfathomable (and in a cynical way, totally fathomable) that they wouldn't let you know about this first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to think that you're right and that this guy really can't figure out what the hell is going to be happening. I initially thought it was a joke.

ncboiler 10-05-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Posted here because I would get serious questions AND some very good smart ass answers. You're right. I can't call anyone until Monday so I thought "What the hell. Let's ask OOT"

tuq 10-05-2007 07:11 PM

ncboiler,

You should dig up the phone and the electrical cable, then cover everything back up like it was, put the flags back where they were and see how far they dig before they realize you pulled one over on them!

Dids 10-05-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant chive. Dids likes his meals seasoned properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chives are really more of a garnish.

I have no idea what Tuq's point is.