Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Non US players.. bankroll and exchange rate question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516459)

joedot 10-05-2007 09:18 PM

Re: Non US players.. bankroll and exchange rate question

The dollar is not a store of value. Never leave your money sitting in dollars. Do something with it. Buy stuff. Gold, real estate, stocks. Something real. The dollar will continue to lose value.

stinkypete 10-05-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would you count that towards your bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's money that you actually have, why wouldn't you count it towards your bankroll?

deluz35 10-05-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The dollar is not a store of value. Never leave your money sitting in dollars. Do something with it. Buy stuff. Gold, real estate, stocks. Something real. The dollar will continue to lose value.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. The US debt is accelerating at a rate that makes bankruptcy inevitable. It is only a question of when the dollar becomes worthless and a new currency will be created.

6471849653 10-05-2007 10:13 PM

It looks like a stupid question as it was put. But there are some interesting points what comes to currency differences, e.g. the dollar is weaker than the euro, so one earns less money than what would be the case if one would be playing in euro tables. But one does get some compensations playing at the dollar (or still weaker currency tables) tables and that is the lower rake cap.

PiquetteAces 10-05-2007 10:33 PM

When I start playing online, & I was puting 50$us several times/week in my PSTARS or paradise poker account with my credit card, & I was charge 80$CAN on my credit'card'bill.

Now that I am a winning player, for every 1$us that I win, I make only 0.97$CAN.

im' perma-TILT untill US$ goes up again !

- jpp

Mothercanuck 10-06-2007 01:44 AM

i hope US goes up man...I'm +1000 at Akwesasne this week and my $ 1000 checks from Ipoker were only $985 CAD this week. it sucks....1000= 981 CAD right now! boooooo

Josem 10-06-2007 09:27 AM

i don't know which group of people are more crap:
a) the people seeking foreign exchange advice in NVG

or

b) the people providing foreign exchange advice in NVG

HP 10-06-2007 09:57 AM

GUYS WE JUST GOT CALLED CRAP

smellmuth 10-06-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
statistical indicators suggest at least 4 or 5 cents of the current CAD push is speculative momentum which will correct shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]
alright SMARTY PANTS, why aren't the pros capitalizing on this?

or in other words, what are you trying to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

the pros will capitalize on this which will bring about the correction.

in other words, on a purely technical basis, the canadian economy does not merit CAD at par with USD. any more condescending questions?

HP 10-07-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the pros will capitalize on this which will bring about the correction.

in other words, on a purely technical basis, the canadian economy does not merit CAD at par with USD. any more condescending questions?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, why didnt this happen in like 2 minutes as oppose to X number of days? also never take me too seriously