Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Phil Ivey Challenge?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516251)

imozyslow 10-05-2007 02:13 PM

Re: The Phil Ivey Challenge??

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey plays way too high and has way too much money to even come close to completing this challenge. He would lose interest inside of 1 month.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on how much the bet is for obviously.

selurah 10-05-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ivey plays way too high and has way too much money to even come close to completing this challenge. He would lose interest inside of 1 month.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on how much the bet is for obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I edited my post. If the action is insane I can see him doing it. If it's like the Chris Ferguson challenge where he is just doing it to prove he can, then there isn't a prayer in hell.

mattnxtc 10-05-2007 02:25 PM

Ferguson doesnt seem like the gambling type all that much and so I kind of assume that the number he would come up would be significantly lower than what it would take to interest Ivey.

bdams19 10-05-2007 02:27 PM

do it jerome

Orlando Salazar 10-05-2007 02:31 PM

The bet clearly isn't based on Ivey's skill level. Cause as I mentioned, he is a poker GOD.
I think he could play 400NL on a 5k roll and average 10bb/100. At 400 hands an hour, moving up one level every time his roll doubled, he could be at 1 million in 40 hours of play time. This is kinda feasible if his win rate remains constant.

imozyslow 10-05-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bet clearly isn't based on Ivey's skill level. Cause as I mentioned, he is a poker GOD.
I think he could play 400NL on a 5k roll and average 10bb/100. At 400 hands an hour, moving up one level every time his roll doubled, he could be at 1 million in 40 hours of play time. This is kinda feasible if his win rate remains constant.

[/ QUOTE ]

5K to 1M in 40hrs of play time??!! Now that is a bet.

samsdmf 10-05-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much would have have to spend on the time machine to take him abck to 2005?

Orlando Salazar 10-05-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much would have have to spend on the time machine to take him abck to 2005?

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't need a time machine. Jman or Aba will do just fine.

Daddy Warbucks 10-05-2007 02:44 PM

SALAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

PhilBeans 10-05-2007 03:04 PM

How much money do you think this guy really has? I don't think he can just go blowing million dollar bets and have it mean nothing. 500k would definately be enough to motivate him.