Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Calling station wants it big - still go broke??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515370)

Fletcher19 10-04-2007 09:11 AM

Re: Calling station wants it big - still go broke???

[ QUOTE ]
If you fold here, you fold your soul

[/ QUOTE ]

Daddy Warbucks 10-04-2007 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given his stats and the fact that he's more than double everyone's stack on the table, he's more likely to be a savvy player than an inferior call station.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no

Michaelson 10-04-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given his stats and the fact that he's more than double everyone's stack on the table, he's more likely to be a savvy player than an inferior call station.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol no

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that crazy an idea. There are players with very bad fundamentals who nonetheless sit down, play one table only, follow the action carefully and develop their own gameplan.

With that said, the aggression factor of 1, even given his preflop stats, does not bode well.

Also, AA is the nuts here.

Daddy Warbucks 10-04-2007 09:31 AM

I was more laughing at the assumption that because somebody has a big stack they're probably a competent player.

I rebluff you 10-04-2007 09:50 AM

And that's not what I said.

But when someone more than doubles everyone else at the table, it's unlikely he's the worst player and everyone just donated to him.

Michaelson 10-04-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And that's not what I said.

But when someone more than doubles everyone else at the table, it's unlikely he's the worst player and everyone just donated to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's less unlikely than you think.

Edit: 'more likely'? Whatever.

Herrigel 10-04-2007 10:05 AM

Results

As I said, he is usually a calling station, capable of calling down multiple barrels with weak 1 pair holdings or draws. Thing is, I never saw him rasing in those spots.

I really felt beat when he minraised in a large pot, but just couldn't let it go. My hope was he was overplaying some overpair or T8.

So I shoved into his flopped quads.

Michaelson 10-04-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
As I said, he is usually a calling station, capable of calling down multiple barrels with weak 1 pair holdings or draws. Thing is, I never saw him rasing in those spots.

I really felt beat when he minraised in a large pot, but just couldn't let it go. My hope was he was overplaying some overpair or T8.

So I shoved into his flopped quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you donk.

djshawk 10-04-2007 10:14 AM

did he call?

martijn 10-04-2007 10:24 AM

easy push