Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA facing flop raise from 15/11 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515087)

Kasane 10-04-2007 12:57 AM

Re: AA facing flop raise from 15/11

I'd feel more comfortable about folding if we held the Ad.

KEW 10-04-2007 12:59 AM

This thread makes me realize how much I need to raise my flop aggression...

corsakh 10-04-2007 05:09 AM

I don't think he raises an overpair here, but overcards + flush draw is very likely. Your also in great shape against it, I probably push.

mike_oxbig 10-04-2007 08:28 AM

I'm flat calling and pushing any turn.

kaz2107 10-04-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread makes me realize how much I need to raise my flop aggression...

[/ QUOTE ]because u play 15/11??? its kinda an important point to the hand
edit: villians aggression would help figure this out a ton imo

toddxlogan 10-04-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a CRAI on the turn would be ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I think thats the line I gravitate to here (assuming turn isn't a diamond), if i'm not folding. Gets max value out of other overpairs, probably forces a semibluff to bet a second time on the turn when his equity sucks, I think. Loses no more than pushing on the flop if we are already behind to a set. And gives villain some slack to hang himself if he decided to [censored] with you because he knows he is a 15/11 in your PT and that you are supposed to be folding to this raise.

But i'm far from confident, moreover curious. Please elaborate.

traz 10-04-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he raises an overpair here, but overcards + flush draw is very likely. Your also in great shape against it, I probably push.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he raises an overpair

KCrow 10-04-2007 10:23 AM

I can see the villain raising with 33+ maybe even 22. If he's got 77-TT he's going to raise as there are so many scare cards for him. There's all the FDs with overcards to raise with as well. And of course it depends on your table image. Have you been Cbetting lots and taking pots down on the flop. If you have I'd proabably call the raise and CRAI on the turn.

Brian O'Nolan 10-04-2007 11:00 AM

Ugh this is a lousy spot. W/ UTG still to act btn's raise is pretty strong, although the small raise kinda makes me want to continue w the hand. I think I fold here and I would tend to shove HU... if you have a decent # of hands on btn you should have a feel for what that raise size means in terms of how much sets are a part of his range, and whether he would raise 77-TT on that flop, even if you don't have a specific note on him. Generally a 15/11's flatcalling range on the button here is mostly small/mid pp's, so draws aren't going to be as big a part of his range, aside from 55.

NL Newbie 10-04-2007 11:10 AM

I'd Fold.

Your normally against a big draw/Set/2pair. Your equity is pretty bad even though you may his aces up.

Your OOP for the whole hand, youve cbetinto 2 players and been raised. You know nothing about villans except he's a nit and that you haven't even noticed him doing anything funky.

The counter argument is - He's probably aggressive, your 2nd in and he'd expect you to steal this pot sometimes, he may have QQ and expect you to bet 88/99/TT/JJ.

However, soon as you raise.... check how many chips you'll have.

You equity is prob 45% against his set/pair+OESD/OESD+FD/2pair range.