Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25: 3-bet cold-called by 2p2er. What to do on turn with TPTK? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514989)

KEW 10-03-2007 07:29 PM

Re: NL25: 3-bet cold-called by 2p2er. What to do on turn with TPTK?

What is your's and button's image and stats???

Villains hand smells like a set of QQ or JJ/TT...Stacks are not deep enough to play pairs for set value alone so I would discount the likely hood of 99 or 55..The $5 turn bet is interesting...The $5 would vitually committ hero to call a river shove getting 3 to 1...I think I CALL the turn and fold to any reasonable river bet...This pretty much means folding to any river bet..

NL Newbie 10-03-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call turn.

2p2 doesnt mean good tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
...and I think he is generally considered to be a pretty good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you missed this or if you didn't understand it. It means that I have seen a number of people comment that he is a pretty solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it, then i saw the preflop action where he colds calls 11th of his stack off sandwiched between the preflop raiser and a reraiser and i dont consider it to be smart.

Perhaps he made a misclick, or can tell button doesnt have a hand and can tell you stack off with your hand always when he hits his set.

I dunno, but i dont think he's very good. However 'good' is very subjective and often unproven or even possible to prove. So maybe [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

KEW 10-03-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call turn.

2p2 doesnt mean good tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
...and I think he is generally considered to be a pretty good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you missed this or if you didn't understand it. It means that I have seen a number of people comment that he is a pretty solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it, then i saw the preflop action where he colds calls 11th of his stack off sandwiched between the preflop raiser and a reraiser and i dont consider it to be smart.

Perhaps he made a misclick, or can tell button doesnt have a hand and can tell you stack off with your hand always when he hits his set.

I dunno, but i dont think he's very good. However 'good' is very subjective and often unproven or even possible to prove. So maybe [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is short stacked so I do not think you can make these assumptions..If button was full stacked I would aggree 100%...Villain could easily have AA here trying to induce a shove from a short stacker thus trapping the SB..In fact if I was BB I would not 4 bet AA...I have position on the 3 better and will likely get his stack when he c-bets the flop...

Micro Donk 10-03-2007 07:37 PM

similar names ftw?

KEW 10-03-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
similar names ftw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it me?? What does ftw mean???

Waingro 10-03-2007 07:59 PM

This really smells of TT or JJ. If he was set-mining with worse pps god bless his heart. I would call the turn. QQ+ is obviously possible, but somewhat less likely.

microDonk 10-03-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
similar names ftw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it me?? What does ftw mean???

[/ QUOTE ]

He is referring to me. microDonk and Micro Donk.

I'm pretty sure ftw means "for the win".

microDonk 10-03-2007 08:09 PM

Ok, so it seems like a lot of people advocate calling down in this situation. What would you do if he bets bigger on the turn? I think one of my biggest leaks is toeing the line between being weak/tight and stacking of light with TPTK, so hands like this are the devil to me right now.

traz 10-03-2007 08:20 PM

this is your dream flop, no folding no matter how big he bets on the turn