Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Vanessa's bustout hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514747)

The B 10-03-2007 02:02 PM

Re: Vanessa\'s bustout hand

obv Vanessa missed Chapter 4 - Game Theory "fold preflop"

Bakes 10-03-2007 02:03 PM

dont mind preflop? huh

Eagles 10-03-2007 02:07 PM

Pf is terrible if your going to play as bad as shed did the rest of the hand

IWEARGOGGLES 10-03-2007 02:32 PM

3-bet preflop for sure.

Mench 10-03-2007 02:59 PM

hand is so butchered that i cant decide if its worse that she called pre, check called the flop, or bet called the river.

i think bet calling the river is awful though and i also hate not check raising the flop given her stack size and that Ka$ino might do something sillylike 3 bet a lot of hands on the flop.

ZeeJustin 10-03-2007 03:22 PM

IMO the whole hand is fine if you are playing against someone that is super super laggro (wasn't watching table).

Preflop for me is standard, I call there vs anyone. (Edit: sometimes I 3 bet I guess, but not often. I would never fold unless my opponent was God.)

Flop, default is obviously to check raise, and i think it's only ok to call against someone that is super super laggro and will bet the turn a very high % of the time.

Turn (see flop, as she was obviously trying to check raise)

River it's probably best to check call. It's a decent river to bluff.

If the opponent is really bad and super over aggro, then the line she took is fine.

I only like bet/fold on the river against tight opponents.

ASPoker8 10-03-2007 03:26 PM

I think preflop is really bad, especially given that she will and does play so poorly OOP postflop.

Flop is ok if she knows what to do the rest of the hand. She doesn't. So flop is awful from her perspective. She should c/r or c/c then play better later.

Turn she should lead after c/c'ing flop.

River is horrendous for obvious reasons.

betgo 10-03-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO the whole hand is fine if you are playing against someone that is super super laggro (wasn't watching table).

Preflop for me is standard, I call there vs anyone. (Edit: sometimes I 3 bet I guess, but not often. I would never fold unless my opponent was God.)

Flop, default is obviously to check raise, and i think it's only ok to call against someone that is super super laggro and will bet the turn a very high % of the time.

Turn (see flop, as she was obviously trying to check raise)

River it's probably best to check call. It's a decent river to bluff.

If the opponent is really bad and super over aggro, then the line she took is fine.

I only like bet/fold on the river against tight opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, villain was playing well and very aggressively, so I didn't think it was that bad. I would have check/called the river though.

ike 10-03-2007 04:18 PM

This is mastr

there is nothing wrong with calling pre given she's getting over 4:1 , C-R flop seems best, although call seems arguable.
Bet-fold river seems like best play by far

WarDekar 10-03-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is mastr

there is nothing wrong with calling pre given she's getting over 4:1 , C-R flop seems best, although call seems arguable.
Bet-fold river seems like best play by far

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a call on the flop is perfectly fine IF she's going to lead the turn. People never give respect when you check/call and lead blank turns, and he's very liable to raise her at which point she can shove. Also it doesn't allow him to check behind and hit (like he did).

So if you aren't check/raising flop, she needed to lead turn. On the river if she's playing aggro person why wouldn't she want to check/call? Bet/calling seems retarded to me.

The question is, what part of villains range will he bluff on river, vs. what part of his range will he call a value-bet? Also you have to consider if he's capable of bluff shoving over a bet.