Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514703)

Pudge714 10-03-2007 12:55 PM

Re: ***Official 07-08 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We will make the playoffs this year, which really isn't that an impressive accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the team getting the 8th spot is the team with the least injuries. And there's just no way to predict that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Yes there is.
2. Why do you seem to think the Leafs are only able to get the 8th seed.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg here we go. Um, because your new goalie looks like crap, your old goalie IS crap, your defense is still crap, and Blake just isn't enough to put you over the hump. No way you finish anywhere other then 8-9-10-11-12

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay I will bet you 100:1
I take the Leafs finish higher than 8th.
Deal?

rafiki 10-03-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We will make the playoffs this year, which really isn't that an impressive accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the team getting the 8th spot is the team with the least injuries. And there's just no way to predict that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Yes there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg here we go. Um, because your new goalie looks like crap, your old goalie IS crap, your defense is still crap, and Blake just isn't enough to put you over the hump. No way you finish anywhere other then 8-9-10-11-12

[/ QUOTE ]
Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what kind of ridiculous odds are those ? I can't even get 100 to 1 on them winning the cup.

Pudge714 10-03-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Yes there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what kind of ridiculous odds are those ? I can't even get 100 to 1 on them winning the cup.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it's printing money since there is a 0% chance that they will finish higher than 8th.
Fine I will be a nice guy 80:1.

rafiki 10-03-2007 01:01 PM

teams better then Toronto in east:

Ottawa, Buffalo, Carolina, NYR, Pitsburg, Atlanta, New Jersey with an excellent chance that Washington/Florida/Phili will all be better then them also. Yaaaaaaaa you're not gonna do good.

rafiki 10-03-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Yes there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But it's printing money since there is a 0% chance that they will finish higher than 8th.
Fine I will be a nice guy 80:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still being absurd, but I will absolutely take an even bet if you'd like.

pepper123 10-03-2007 01:03 PM

wow pudge way to show your confidence you really showed him up!

Pudge714 10-03-2007 01:03 PM

Rafiki: There is no way (ie 0%) Toronto will finish higher than 8th.
Pudge: I will bet you 100:1
Rafiki: That's ridiculous. I will do even money
Pudge: Obviously you don't get the point.

rafiki 10-03-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rafiki: There is no way (ie 0%) Toronto will finish higher than 8th.
Pudge: I will bet you 100:1
Rafiki: That's ridiculous. I will do even money
Pudge: Obviously you don't get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called a figure of speech. And a pretty common one at that. Again if you're so sure they will finish 7th or better by all means I'm ready for that bet.

vin17 10-03-2007 01:06 PM

There's no doubt about them making the playoffs. They won't be as injured as last year.

In theory, we have two starting goaltenders. We paid dearly for both so pray that one pans out. Obviously it's supposed to be Toskala, and I put all of zero stock into the preseason.

rafiki 10-03-2007 01:11 PM

I'll give you 8 to 7 pudge, since you've got 7 potential spots you can finish, and I've got 8. take it or leave it.