Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   KK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514121)

john kane 10-02-2007 06:16 PM

Re: KK

if he has a set he is a donk. putting in 1/6th of his stack with 7s,8s or 9s on a 2 street max action game is a fast way to lose imo.

if he has high card strength he should be rr or folding pf as a general rule imo.

from his preflop play i class him as a bad player, so trying to put him on an accurate hand range is hard, thus given the amount already in the pot i think a shove is fine/good.

PrimogenitoX 10-02-2007 06:18 PM

Easy shove.

tommo 10-02-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has a set he is a donk. putting in 1/6th of his stack with 7s,8s or 9s on a 2 street max action game is a fast way to lose imo.

if he has high card strength he should be rr or folding pf as a general rule imo.

from his preflop play i class him as a bad player, so trying to put him on an accurate hand range is hard, thus given the amount already in the pot i think a shove is fine/good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. You think he's bad because he called and then called again preflop? or you think he's bad if he has a set here, or you think he's bad if he has high card strength?

I disagree with the 'if he has high card strength he should be rr or folding pf as a general rule'. that seems bad to me.

I do agree that calling the 3bet preflop with 77-99 is going to be bad against most villains.

I don't think that call,call preflop immediately makes him a bad player. I think this might be a good way to play QQ+ and maybe AK

ikestoys 10-02-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a really easy fold. Seems like the most standard way-behind/slightly ahead position possible, especially since he's unknown (and presumably not a regular who you'd need to worry about being exploited against, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

its a minraise... i'm trying really hard not to be mean to you btw

just push an overpair for 70bb, can't be that hard to do

Nick Royale 10-02-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that call,call preflop immediately makes him a bad player. I think this might be a good way to play QQ+ and maybe AK

[/ QUOTE ]
PLaying AK likethis would be bad imo.

I push but I don't think we're great vs his range. We have enough equity to get it in anyway.

cbboy 10-02-2007 06:26 PM

Is it a typo or did you c-bet less than 1/2 pot?

john kane 10-02-2007 06:28 PM

sorry i mean i think it's bad to call grims rr with 77,88,99. given that grim will likely always fire a flop and you will 7 in 8 of missed your set and be clueless as to your relative strength.

my rr or folding for high card strength is probably just a mood thing, it's how im playing at the moment.

agreed call-call pf is a fine way to play QQ+ AK but i'd
expect him in general to rr pf.

edit: actually not AK, agree with nick this is an autoshove with AK when grim rr.

HedonismBot 10-02-2007 06:30 PM

He has 55 call and shove a safe turn

berserk 10-02-2007 06:43 PM

lol shove wtf

AAismyfriend 10-02-2007 06:50 PM

min 3 bet and fold to a shove