Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   The bible (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511494)

Justin A 09-28-2007 08:01 PM

Re: The bible

Check this website for a bunch of contradictions among other things:

SAB

NotReady 09-28-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So the confirmation of places and events makes you certain that the rest of what's written is true as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps along with the fact nothing has ever been proved false though atheists have given it their best effort for thousands of years.

chezlaw 09-28-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So the confirmation of places and events makes you certain that the rest of what's written is true as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps along with the fact nothing has ever been proved false though atheists have given it their best effort for thousands of years.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dion't be silly, nothing has ever been proved false and most atheists waste no time tryin to do the impossible.

That's no reason to believe Elvis is alive and kicking on the moon.

chez

einbert 09-28-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you believe things because they haven't been proven false? Even things that CANNOT be proven false?

chezlaw 09-28-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you believe things because they haven't been proven false? Even things that CANNOT be proven false?

[/ QUOTE ]
That and the ability to make anything appear consistant if flexible enough with intepretation and facts is pretty impressive evidence for <insert something silly here>

chez

Mr_Moore 09-28-2007 08:12 PM

Jeremiah 3:12
I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.

Jeremiah 17:4
Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

This made me laugh.
There seem to be a lot of contradiction in the bible. NotReady, you claimed before that the bible today is almost 100 procent the original of what it was.
How can god make so many mistakes?

Mempho 09-28-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh.
There seem to be a lot of contradiction in the bible. NotReady, you claimed before that the bible today is almost 100 procent the original of what it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a contradiction. You just cut and lifted verses. In Jeremiah 3, he is speaking to Israel. In Jeremiah 17, he is talking to Judah. "1 "Judah's sin is engraved with an iron tool"

I can remain angry at one person, while forgiving another. How is this a contradiction?

NotReady 09-28-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. How?

Mr_Moore 09-28-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a contradiction. You just cut and lifted verses. In Jeremiah 3, he is speaking to Israel. In Jeremiah 17, he is talking to Judah. "1 "Judah's sin is engraved with an iron tool"

I can remain angry at one person, while forgiving another. How is this a contradiction?

[/ QUOTE ]

What you wrote is not. But then again that's not what i quoted. What i quoted is a contradiction.

Mr_Moore 09-28-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up. How?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the link provided by Justin. Have you seen it? The bible is your key to believing in god. You claimed that the bible that we see today is the same as the one that was written 2000 years ago.
How can there be errors in it? Should it not be perfect if it was the words of god?