Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   It was my fault for flopping a set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510383)

jkamowitz 09-27-2007 10:37 AM

Re: It was my fault for flopping a set

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see AA from pfr here. I see this line a lot and then they get super mad when their line cost them the max.

Anacardo 09-27-2007 10:54 AM

Cap the turn, bet/call river barring a disaster card. If you do not hold the 3h, you should strongly consider rivering it.

Jesus, guys, take your skirts off. Without a very strong read from Old Man Granite, this hand clearly deserves more bets.

Garland 09-27-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap the turn, bet/call river barring a disaster card.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this occurs (cap turn and raised on river), you are losing like 99.9% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, guys, take your skirts off. Without a very strong read from Old Man Granite, this hand clearly deserves more bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think "Old Man Granite" has? Even with AA (which I don't think is as likely as some people think), he might be concerned with the turn events and simply call down. If you're behind, you have one out. It's not about being macho, it's about losing less when you are far behind. Clearly you don't have a hand you're going to fold, but at the same time you don't want to lose more money in case he has what he's representing.

Garland

andyfox 09-27-2007 05:22 PM

If nothing they do makes sense, it's hard to put them on anything. PFR could have A-A or J-J or 7-7 or a heart draw or ???. I like Death Donkey's advice here: when confused, call.

dreed 09-28-2007 12:19 AM

cap it for sure set over set oh well. If they continue to bet on the river calling is fine. Cap turn call on river or bet if checked 2

MitchL 09-28-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cap it for sure set over set oh well. If they continue to bet on the river calling is fine. Cap turn call on river or bet if checked 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well cap is never a good answer. HM, do you remember whether he thought at all or was it a snap-3bet?

MitchL 09-28-2007 12:30 AM

This spot sucks, bc sb has a fd and if we cap/lead and get raised we stuck 4bbs in drawing dead.

hoppscot22 09-28-2007 12:52 AM

it could be a great spot though with us being way ahead

MitchL 09-28-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it could be a great spot though with us being way ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be, but I am having trouble figuring out what he has that is played like this besides JJ.

ClarkNasty 09-28-2007 01:08 AM

I'm capping. Guy's a known retard and we're getting 2-1 on him acting like one yet again.