Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Canterbury Park rake increase (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508704)

spewmeister 09-25-2007 02:35 AM

Re: Canterbury Park rake increase

they have a letter from randy sampson posted behind the board where the cardplayer magazines are (kind of across from the desk by the cage). it says min wage is up, workers comp, health care costs are all like double. like everything else is up. they've never increased their rake in 7 years. other facilities rakes are up. they want to maintain good customer service, etc.

MitchL 09-25-2007 02:46 AM

The 15 game has been flourishing lately. I think this might make it even better.

*TT* 09-25-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
other facilities rakes are up.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) What other facilities? They have a market monopoly, people will pay whatever they tell them to pay (within reason) and they know it. They probably did a market analysis to determine what happens if they lose x% of business first.

2) I predict the vast majority of poker rooms in the US will be $5 max rake (for non-timed games) within 3 years

PokerBob 09-25-2007 03:21 AM

this sucks

MitchL 09-25-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, what will be so bad about it? Jp drop for 15 and 30 or you expect the lower limits to dry up?

PokerBob 09-25-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, what will be so bad about it? Jp drop for 15 and 30 or you expect the lower limits to dry up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like paying rake. i don't think that in nearly 1 million hands of limit hold i have ever been (or would have been) part of a jackpot.

MitchL 09-25-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like paying rake. i don't think that in nearly 1 million hands of limit hold i have ever been (or would have been) part of a jackpot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either, but after all the money I have stuck down that drop I feel like I am due. I am hopeful that it will drive more players to the higher limits when they realize the lower games will be unbeatable.

lippy 09-25-2007 04:12 AM

The BBJ at CP avoids me like the plague. I probably average 4-5 hrs/week for the last 3.5 years. I have been there once when it has went off. I was talking with some 6/12 regulars who said they didn't believe me as they'd been there for dozens.

Kind of funny.

PokerBob 09-25-2007 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am hopeful that it will drive more players to the higher limits when they realize the lower games will be unbeatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

retards don't understand rake. besides, for most of them it is not the rake that makes the game unbeatable.

jk90029 09-25-2007 10:31 AM

If it is true that CP raised the pot rake from $4 to $5, then the rake is as same as Commerce in Los Angeles. Commerce is well-known for its biggest poker room in the world and charges big rake.

It is simple to figure out how much a young man shall pay the life-time rake, who began poker at 25 and finish poker 55 and continue playing 1000 hours every year (say, as a regular player) The $5 rake is equivalent to hourly rake of about $25, for estimated 45 hands per hour. He pays $25K per SINGLE year and WILL PAY total $750K in his 30 years of poker life, except his tipping to dealers.

Therefore, after CP raised from $4 to $5, the young man pay
from $600K to $750K as his total life-time rake. So the difference is $150K.

-Jay