Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   golf in true HD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505502)

ZeTurd 09-22-2007 01:50 PM

Re: golf in true HD

I've got digital satellite, which clearly looks better on my 42" HD Plasma than on my old 32" CRT. Besides, I've also got a pretty fancy HTPC setup which makes DVDs look pretty spectacular. Still, it's a shame that I won't get full value out of my TV before it's outdated. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Taso 09-23-2007 02:34 PM

Yeah. And I believe here in the States all channels will be digital this Januarary.

ClubChamp04 09-23-2007 03:22 PM

The quality obviously depends on the station broadcasting it. Some of the networks don't have 100% HD cameras covering the course(NBC I think?) and some do(CBS). I remember reading this somewhere a while back so I'm not positive on the stations.

Taso 10-01-2007 12:50 AM

You MAY have it backwards. I just watched the Presidents thing in HD this weekend. Oh-My-God. Looks FANTASTIC. The lake or whatever, in the middle, the autumn ish trees. Really reminded me of home.

Dudd 10-01-2007 02:16 AM

A lot of times golf does look worse than other sports, flipping between golf and a football game, both in HD, almost every time golf looks much fuzzier and blurrier. I don't know why that is, if there aren't enough hd cameras to shoot 18 holes so they fudge and use widescreen SD cameras or what, but I notice it too.

HajiShirazu 10-06-2007 11:40 AM

Even though HD does look a lot better I don't find sports to be that much more entertaining on it. Kind of like how video games these days have far better graphics yet most of them still suck.

slickss 10-08-2007 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got digital satellite, which clearly looks better on my 42" HD Plasma than on my old 32" CRT. Besides, I've also got a pretty fancy HTPC setup which makes DVDs look pretty spectacular. Still, it's a shame that I won't get full value out of my TV before it's outdated. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck because:

[x] You bought plasma and not LCD
[x] You bought HD-Ready and not True-HD
[x] You play DVDs and not HD-DVDs

If you want HDTV in Norway, get a satellite dish.

Furthermore, when HDTV finally is available in Norway, it will be a lot better (MPEG-4 / IPTV) than the current American system.

Kedu 10-08-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck because:

[x] You play DVDs and not HD-DVDs

If you want HDTV in Norway, get a satellite dish.

Furthermore, when HDTV finally is available in Norway, it will be a lot better (MPEG-4 / IPTV) than the current American system.

[/ QUOTE ]

You burned him good.

CrazyEyez 10-10-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You suck because:

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two terms are not opposites. HD-Ready means the tv doesn't have it's own ATSC tuner, and needs an outside tuner from a cable or satellite box to display HD images.

TrueHD is one of two things:
(a) A lossless Dolby audio format
(b) what some people colloquially refer to 1080p as

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DirecTV currently broadcasts many HD channels using mpeg-4. In America.

Hey_Porter 10-11-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You suck because:

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this? I bought a plasma after a little bit of research and viewing the two types side-by-side, and am more than happy with the plasma. Seems like the technology has caught up with the flaws in both, especially over the past year.