Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Did I angleshoot this guy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505501)

Dranoel 09-20-2007 04:53 PM

Re: Did I angleshoot this guy?

Nope.

Pretty standard table chatter I hear.

donger 09-20-2007 05:05 PM

This guy should apologize to you. You even showed him. WTF, he expects you not to lie about your hand?

dtf13 09-20-2007 05:56 PM

Yes. It is a move for cowards

5-10 NL Reno Peppermill
I had a similar situation where I was in a big pot with a guy that I have played a lot with, when he starts kicking me under the table and whispering for me to fold and that he had the nuts(yes, there is one other player in the pot) I fold my 2 pair which I was WAY good, other player folds a.s.s hole shows 72

Rottersod 09-20-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. It is a move for cowards

5-10 NL Reno Peppermill
I had a similar situation where I was in a big pot with a guy that I have played a lot with, when he starts kicking me under the table and whispering for me to fold and that he had the nuts(yes, there is one other player in the pot) I fold my 2 pair which I was WAY good, other player folds a.s.s hole shows 72

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You got PWND!

ReptileHouse 09-20-2007 06:04 PM

I have two simple words I like to use when someone tells me they'll show if I fold.

"I call."

KurtSF 09-20-2007 06:06 PM

Nice hand.

KaMiKazE 09-20-2007 07:23 PM

Appreciate the input everyone. Although I do not plan on making a habit of using this tactic (for strategic more than etiquette reasons), ultimately I agree that poker is a game of psychological warfare and that what I did was not out of line. Probably best in the future, though, for me to stfu and just let the hand play out.

effang 09-20-2007 07:32 PM

lol, unless you guys are best friends, your line doesn't even make sense.

i've got you and i'll show...now does that look like somebody looking for a call?

albedoa 09-20-2007 07:42 PM

I don't understand what your opponent was thinking. If you really did have him beat, why would you tell him that truthfully? Either you were lying or you hate money. The last thing he should expect is that you were telling the truth but like money.

KurtSF 09-20-2007 08:56 PM

FWIW, I mix up telling the truth and not telling the truth at the table. It really throws people off.

Just last session, after I made a PFR with QQ then b3bai a 10-high flop that contained a flush draw, my opponent asked me "You go an overpair?" I said "yes", he called, turn brought an ace, river completed the flush. I showed and he mucked without showing. He didn't even have a draw and I told him I had an overpair!

So yeah, unless its a tournament go ahead and tell the truth too if you want.