Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   HU- JJ... in which i underrep my hand so now i have to call a psb??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504233)

sightless 09-19-2007 12:22 PM

Re: HU- JJ... in which i underrep my hand so now i have to call a psb?

this hand is very tough
But Id mention that I nearly always 4bet JJ there escpcially sicne he is 3betting you light

kaz2107 09-19-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is very tough
But Id mention that I nearly always 4bet JJ there escpcially sicne he is 3betting you light

[/ QUOTE ]no one word answere?!?!?! awww sigh lol.

well i just read a thread in ssnl about stuff like this. and tbh i really dont think i am ahead of villians 4 bet calling range with JJ. he is solid and i have not done n e thing like 4 bet preflop up to this point. so i really cant expect him to call me very wide at all. so that is why i didnt 4 bet here. i have pos and think i can play JJ underrepped more +EV then overrepping it here against this villian

wut do u think about turn and river?

ama0330 09-19-2007 01:07 PM

He's betting for value here. I can't see him betting the turn like that as a bluff, the turn looks like a weak value/probe type of bet to see where you're at and the river made his day. Im going with KTs or TT, leaning towards TT, and I fold.

0524432 09-19-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play (and crush) 50nl HU on UB daily, this is a river fold literally 99% of the time. I may bet flop in rare instances but after villain 3bets PF, I check flop, call turn to re eval river, and once he makes a psb on river i muck every time (unless I have some flawless read that the guy is maniacle post flop in 3bet hands), pretty std IMO

[/ QUOTE ]so wut r ur intentions when u call the turn!?!??! r u calling a half pot sized bet on this river?!?! wut abotu 2/3rds or 3/4ths. wut do u do if he checks to u on the river?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

considering i'm not the one playing this villain HU, it's hard to blindly put him on a hand. If it were me as the villain, I could have 57d - AA. For the bet on the turn, it will be worth making a call and re-eval the river. He could easily have an AQ 99 TT or lower pp. From the looks of this whole line though, he looks VRY strong. The size of the turn bet I call, and river I either check it down if possible or fold to anything larger than the turn bet. Whats the issue? If you had 4b, like you should with JJ HU, you wouldn't be in this position (under-repping a huge hand)

kaz2107 09-19-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's betting for value here. I can't see him betting the turn like that as a bluff, the turn looks like a weak value/probe type of bet to see where you're at and the river made his day. Im going with KTs or TT, leaning towards TT, and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]this was actually my one concern. that tha river gave him a monster but really not many hands that he could have were helped by the 10 much so i kinda discounted that.

and to the dude saying 4bet pre i think this is wrong and i already explained why i thought it was wrong in this spot. would love to hear ur reasoning as to why i should 4 bet here but i dont think that is right at all

Antinome 09-19-2007 03:14 PM

You only beat 88,99, and a bluff(AQ, AJ, A8, A9). While his range includes those hands, it includes too many hands that beat you. AT, K9-KA, TT+. Unless I've seen him bluff before, this one I let go. I 'put' him on TT.

bozzer 09-19-2007 04:11 PM

HU woot!

I like your PF, F and T line. You gain by raising against QQ,TT and whatever other underpairs he might call with, and possibly to get a free river card (but that's not a good reason here imo) but i think there are more reasons to call.

River hand is not AK,AA,KK or TT maybe 5-10% of the time? there's no way i can see a call here.

don't think that calling the turn but folding the river is a bad play. you don't really want to be doing this obviously, but at the end of the day you have a RIO hand and this kind of situation will crop up - that's why we need better than our immediate pot odds on the turn to call, to factor in the chance we have to fold incorrectly later. I think on the turn his range is wide, and we have very solid s/d equity. he has been aggressive, but PS river bluff OOP is still quite a tough move, even when your hand is well defined (because he knows you know he knows your hand is well defined - possibly).

ryang 09-19-2007 05:58 PM

this looks very much like a K trying to c/r flop but i'd prolly end up c/c down as well

kaz2107 09-19-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only beat 88,99, and a bluff(AQ, AJ, A8, A9). While his range includes those hands, it includes too many hands that beat you. AT, K9-KA, TT+. Unless I've seen him bluff before, this one I let go. I 'put' him on TT.

[/ QUOTE ]his 3 bet range is MUCH larger then this. he has 3 bet me 4 times in 30 hands. so either he is gettin hit in the face with the deck or he 3 bets light. prolly the latter obv

orange 09-20-2007 01:03 AM

I don't really like 4-betting in Pos. Why?

I think his range is either TTT/QQ/Kx/sometimes a bluff. I would think that if he's bluffing he's typically betting this flop though- seems like it'd be better, no?

I think after he checks the flop, his hand is like TT/JJ/QQ/KK/sometimes air and other pairs. Seems like he wants a cheap showdown. The change in bet sizing from turn-river makes me want to fold though.