Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How much do you think the top producers are worth? i.e. Timbaland... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504164)

Steven_Q_Erkel 09-18-2007 11:50 PM

Re: How much do you think the top producers are worth? i.e. Timbaland.

Damon Dash > Timbaland.

NajdorfDefense 09-19-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, The Neptunes (Pharrell and Chad Hugo), are worth like $150 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

After-tax? Link, pls.

jaydub 09-19-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After-tax? Link, pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Net worth, not income is what I believe is being discussed.

J

Slade555 09-19-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's why,quote]

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2...tstorchvo2.jpg

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...ageous_fortune

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I totally thought this was a joke post.

NajdorfDefense 09-19-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After-tax? Link, pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks, i know.

My point is, you have to make 300mm to have 150mm after-tax if you don't spend a dime. Doubtful.

Also, while he is worth a bunch, he's only had 2 #1 hits, so he is likely behind Storch, not knowing anything about his clothing line which is possibly worth a bunch as well. But having seen these guys spending habits and, generally, lack of fin'l acumen, I doubt he's banked over $150mm.

jaydub 09-19-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After-tax? Link, pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks, i know.

My point is, you have to make 300mm to have 150mm after-tax if you don't spend a dime. Doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, barring tax fraud how does a producer getting paid per track / album / etc accumulate the 150mm? What as of yet unpaid taxes do you believe exist here?

J

ThaSaltCracka 09-19-2007 12:28 AM

producers are worth crazy money. They get royalties, right? If they own a label they get even more. Rappers and Singers are worthless.

NajdorfDefense 09-19-2007 12:29 AM

What part of 'you have to pay taxes on income' don't you understand? No one is talking about tax-fraud. Is everyone retarded here after midnite? Stop pretending to be an expert on stuff you're clearly clueless on.

Even if you assume:
Income = 300m
Taxes ~ 150m
Net Worth before buying a burger ~ 150mm.

Now net out his spending on travel, expenses, his business, his toys, cars, etc.

You obviously have no clue what he's worth, so give it a rest as you are incredibly wrong here.

jaydub 09-19-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What part of 'you have to pay taxes on income' don't you understand? No one is talking about tax-fraud. Is everyone retarded here after midnite? Stop pretending to be an expert on stuff you're clearly clueless on.

Income = 300m
Taxes ~ 150m
Net Worth before buying a burger ~ 150mm.

Now net out his spending on travel, expenses, his business, his toys, cars, etc.

You obviously have no clue what he's worth, so give it a rest as you are incredibly wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overreact much?

Are we back to discussing income? I thought we were clear that net worth was the 150mm figure, not income. Speaking of accumulated net worth does tend to assume that the taxes have been paid on the yearly income. Sure we can get into cap gains and such but I doubt that is very relevant here.

Toys tend to be subtracted from net worth as do burgers. Sure we are talking net worth?

For it's worth, I'm not saying pharell is worth 150mm, just saying that if his net worth is 150mm, it's not 75mm due to taxes.

Edit: For clarity and to end this retarded thread jack, specify the taxes which you believe my retart brain has missed with regard to his estate.

J

ua1176 09-19-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
producers are worth crazy money. They get royalties, right? If they own a label they get even more. Rappers and Singers are worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they get royalties. typically 3 or 4 % of the retail price of a record sold....though arrangements may be somewhat different in the hip-hop/r+b world, where "producer" really means "guy who makes the tracks." my specific knowledge is much more on the pop/rock side of things.