Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Weeds: 09/18/07 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503535)

AceLuby 09-18-2007 10:06 AM

Re: Weeds: 09/18/07

[ QUOTE ]
Show sucks now and will/should be cancelled soon. I don't even know wtf I'm watching most of the time. Olsen chick looked really good though. Californication continues to be sweet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 1/2 hour show that has a very basic premise and is really popular. Definitely not getting cancelled this season, or probably next, and personally I think the show is getting better.

Anyone else hate Olsen's character. The things she says are absolutely ridiculous.

'I don't drink, except wine because Jesus drank wine'
'I don't smoke, except weed because it's natural and God made it'
'But that doesn't mean we can't still have fun...'

Her lines are lame and the Jesus freak, but still badass character does not work. Hopefully she gets better.

pr0crast 09-18-2007 12:23 PM

Anyone recognize the song in the end credits? It's been bothering me...

DirtyDiggs 09-18-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Show sucks now and will/should be cancelled soon. I don't even know wtf I'm watching most of the time. Olsen chick looked really good though. Californication continues to be sweet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 1/2 hour show that has a very basic premise and is really popular. Definitely not getting cancelled this season, or probably next, and personally I think the show is getting better.

Anyone else hate Olsen's character. The things she says are absolutely ridiculous.

Her lines are lame and the Jesus freak, but still badass character does not work. Hopefully she gets better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever met any of the "I'm in to Jesus but I'm still hip crowd"? They rushed it the character in to the story, so it seemed a bit much all at once. But overall I think they pulled off the character pretty well.

Weeds has surpassed entourage by a good margin for quality, light entertainment.

AceLuby 09-18-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever met any of the "I'm in to Jesus but I'm still hip crowd"? They rushed it the character in to the story, so it seemed a bit much all at once. But overall I think they pulled off the character pretty well.

Weeds has surpassed entourage by a good margin for quality, light entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find those people phony and don't run into them ever and on the show it just seemed so... forced. Introduce the character, show that she's a 'cool' Jesus lover, start relationship w/ Sylus. All w/in what... a scene and a half? Do these people really force this type of thing and blab all the time about it right from meeting someone? Do you know anyone personally like this? I think I would like to pick someone's brain who acted like this IRL.

Thug Bubbles 09-18-2007 03:06 PM

Weeds isn't exactly a tightly written drama/comedy. More like entourage but a half-notch better. It fell of hard after the first season, though.

pr0crast 09-18-2007 03:30 PM

It fell off hard as soon as the concept lost its novelty and revealed how mediocre the writing actually is. That being said, I still watch the show for some reason.

critikal 09-18-2007 06:47 PM

Last weeks episode was amazing. This one was pretty entertaining too.

FatalError 09-18-2007 06:55 PM

i think more people in this thread need to SMOKE WEED BEFORE THEY WATCH WEEDS, the show is supposed to be a mockery of politically correct left wing suburbia and it does it pretty damn well.

Kevin Nealon + an Olsen Twin how can you go wrong

"you have to admit he's pretty accurate with a 5 iron"

pr0crast 09-18-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think more people in this thread need to SMOKE WEED BEFORE THEY WATCH WEEDS, the show is supposed to be a mockery of politically correct left wing suburbia and it does it pretty damn well.

Kevin Nealon + an Olsen Twin how can you go wrong

"you have to admit he's pretty accurate with a 5 iron"

[/ QUOTE ]
Left wing suburbia? How is this different from right wing suburbia? And are right wing suburbians less politically correct? Just wondering.

J-Mac 09-18-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Season 3 so far.