Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   KJ facing turn donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502230)

ILOVEPOKER929 09-18-2007 12:17 AM

Re: KJ facing turn donk

[ QUOTE ]
I think youre drawing dead here very often. That said, I seldom fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play alot against you Mntbikr, and I know one thing...If you bet the turn in that spot Joop should fold cuz he will be drawing dead every time. If I bet the turn in that spot Joop should fold also.

PokerBob 09-18-2007 12:48 AM

fold the turn.

CardSharpCook 09-19-2007 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play alot against you Mntbikr, and I know one thing...If you bet the turn in that spot Joop should fold cuz he will be drawing dead every time. If I bet the turn in that spot Joop should fold also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, Westley. If I'm the BB, and I know you're a thinknig player, I also know that you might be Iso-raising a bunch of hands on this flop. Hands as poor as AQ. Why? because the big fish just gave you a big gift. So I come up with this wild and crazy plan of calling two with my KT and then betting a non-ace turn. The turn comes and it isn't an ace, so I bet. I know you're not going to bet anymore, and I need to protect my king.

CardSharpCook 09-19-2007 05:38 AM

The way he played his hand, he's either made his draw (75, fd) or he's got a weakish made hand (which may have even picked up str8 or flush outs on the turn).

TheHip41 09-22-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way he played his hand, he's either made his draw (75, fd) or he's got a weakish made hand (which may have even picked up str8 or flush outs on the turn).

[/ QUOTE ]

good tags don't cold call two with "weakish" holdings in this spot.

If I bet the turn, you are drawing dead.

I think you should fold the turn, but I don't usually do it

ILOVEPOKER929 09-23-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, Westley. If I'm the BB, and I know you're a thinknig player, I also know that you might be Iso-raising a bunch of hands on this flop. Hands as poor as AQ. Why? because the big fish just gave you a big gift. So I come up with this wild and crazy plan of calling two with my KT and then betting a non-ace turn. The turn comes and it isn't an ace, so I bet. I know you're not going to bet anymore, and I need to protect my king.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wonder if the typical tag will have Kx often enough to make this calldown +EV. I dont know. If I were the villain I dont think I will have Kx often enough for hero to calldown profitably.

veganmav 09-24-2007 12:33 AM

posting in the dark here.

fwiw, i think this is a fold

dangerfish 09-24-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is quite a story. Yeah it could happen but you raised pre, raised flop and now this guy leads the field and it's overcalled and the scenario you find to make a call is that you one pip him? Fold.

Guy McSucker 09-24-2007 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am prepared to accept that you might do this, but I think your coldcall is a flush draw or set at least ten times as often.