Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hand in which I fold TPSK for one bet on the river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501531)

sethypooh21 09-15-2007 01:29 PM

Re: Hand in which I fold TPSK for one bet on the river

[ QUOTE ]
If calling this river is a mistake (and I don't think it is) it's going to be a very small one imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

veganmav 09-16-2007 11:38 AM

i check call the turn, but i suck.

acehole60 09-16-2007 11:51 AM

I just check the flop. I call the river everytime - I can't fold top pair on the river in a fairly big pot against a bad villain.

Scary_Tiger 09-16-2007 12:15 PM

wtf how do you fold the river?

stokken 09-16-2007 01:30 PM

Ya Oink is right imo, not to crazy about the fold. You have to be REALLY certain you are beat, and I dont think you can be that certain here. Far to many people do unlogic stuff. This big a pot I call.

Stokken

danzasmack 09-16-2007 01:54 PM

i really don't like this fold at all.

veganmav 09-16-2007 02:05 PM

i fold this river usualy fwiw

danzasmack 09-16-2007 06:23 PM

you c/c turn c/f river?

Wolfram 09-16-2007 07:53 PM

Do you think A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K9, 99 and AJ are in villains range? He'd probably raise some of those hands on the flop though.

I can't fold the river.

Leader 09-16-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K9, 99 and AJ are in villains range? He'd probably raise some of those hands on the flop though.

I can't fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a guy like this ever plays 99 like this. I don't think he raises K9 pf. AsTs is possible but largely insignificant (1 combo). AJ is possible. That's the hand I thought of on the river. In the end, I just don't think this guy would call the flop here and then raise one of the worst turns enough.

I understand the point about low pfr guys not always raise the top X%, but I think there's a difference between a 40/10 type and a 50/3 type. 50/3 guys raise when they tilt or think they're mixing it up or w/e. They limp big hands because they're afraid of getting sucked out on or missing. IMO 40/10 guys just don't get that those 10-20% hands are often for value. Often they are full ring converts. They think they need to be looser short handed so they limp more, but raise the same.