Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   JJ over pair in 3-way getting pushed hard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501236)

kerowo 09-14-2007 10:22 PM

Re: JJ over pair in 3-way getting pushed hard

[ QUOTE ]
thats a lot of bets you are throwing in there to blow out MP3?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one or two bets to make money off the times he doesn't hit his draw and suck more out of the calling station.

Bigka79 09-14-2007 11:05 PM

i think im capping this flop and then raising turn and slowing to aggression.

i dont see why we should cap the flop.

i agree that tt and 99 are very much part of his range as are AKh AQh, QJh, KQh or even just QJ or 2 random hearts. and with any of these hand im trying to put in a ton of bets on the flop and turn. there are many of these combination which far outweigh the ability of having TT or 99

i think we would have to know an aggression factor to be for sure but i know i would be trying to cap this flop with any of those hand trying to do the same thing we are (building or isoing)

i raise turn, then if we get 3-bet calll and call river were good enough here to justify this play

CrMenace 09-15-2007 12:06 AM

Kerowo, if we're feeling that good about our hand, why didn't we just cap the flop and lead the turn? I think MP2 is much more likely to put in the extra flop bet than two cold on the turn.

kerowo 09-15-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kerowo, if we're feeling that good about our hand, why didn't we just cap the flop and lead the turn? I think MP2 is much more likely to put in the extra flop bet than two cold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not much of a capper actually. No good reason, it's just not something I do a lot of on the flop so looking at the hand it didn't really strike me as out of line as calling the turn.

CrMenace 09-15-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not much of a capper actually. No good reason, it's just not something I do a lot of on the flop so looking at the hand it didn't really strike me as out of line as calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It also seems like if we cap the flop and face aggression on the turn, we have a better idea where we stand cheaper than getting 3b'd on the turn.

Buzz-cp 09-15-2007 12:25 AM

flop is so standard. this is a pretty standard calldown here after he 3bets. Show us the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river for the somewhat more marginal decision.

CrMenace 09-15-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop is so standard. this is a pretty standard calldown here after he 3bets. Show us the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river for the somewhat more marginal decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually the line I would take, to (hehehe "too"), but it between capping flop and raising turn I like the flop cap better.

Buzz-cp 09-15-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But could also have me beaten easily with over pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pretty clear to you that you are not going to see overpairs here often enough to consider these in villain's range.

I R BABOON 09-15-2007 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But could also have me beaten easily with over pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pretty clear to you that you are not going to see overpairs here often enough to consider these in villain's range.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmh? Ok this one is not clear to me, can you explain why please? I think he could very well have AA/KK too allot of the time, or am I suffering from MUBS?

MrWombat 09-15-2007 08:33 AM

Those hands usually cap preflop.