Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Week 3 College Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500557)

Bluff Daddy 09-13-2007 10:15 PM

Re: Week 3 College Football Thread

WTF on the camera switch during Devines last long run in the WV game? They switch to a close up shot of him as hes racing for the endzone so you cant tell wheres at on the field or where the defenders are.

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They should have had Ray Lewis in the booth for the whole game. He sounds like a great color analyst in the making.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, was amazed at how good Ray Lewis was at analysis

why the hell is the guy who is only on the air for 4 minutes making the most intelligent and insightful comments?
The play where Lewis called for the out after one step of the QBs drop and explained why afterward was fantastic.

I feel cheated as a viewer that I don't get that type of insight on every play.

JackWhite 09-13-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I, too, was amazed at how good Ray Lewis was at analysis

why the hell is the guy who is only on the air for 4 minutes making the most intelligent and insightful comments?
The play where Lewis called for the out after one step of the QBs drop and explained why afterward was fantastic.

I feel cheated as a viewer that I don't get that type of insight on every play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Wouldn't it be great to have an analyst in the booth who actually explained coverages, patterns, formations etc... As someone who never played above junior high, I would love to have the complexities fully explained, but instead we usually get total idiots, who do nothing but tell me the blatantly obvious. I think Gary Danielson is just about the best of the current crop at actually talking about formations and coverages on occasion.

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:24 PM

My gosh...Noel Devine just gave WVU's offense another option

this backfield is unreal

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:30 PM

amazing how WVU's defense has completely taken over

also, TCU's redzone offense is making me sweat my bets more than I should

JackWhite 09-13-2007 10:33 PM

MT2R...sorry if this is the wrong forum, but what do you think of Alabama -3 against Arkansas on Saturday. I love the Tide here.

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:40 PM

I love the tide as well

Why did Maryland kick the xp?
They score a TD to go down 31-13 with under 6 minutes left.
If they are still trying to win, they have to go for 2 there.
I realize there is less than a 1 in 20 chance of it mattering, but it still seemed absurd.

Oh well...

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:46 PM

interesting that he onside kicks it down 17, but didn't go for 2....more like idiotic

MyTurn2Raise 09-13-2007 10:48 PM

taking a sack on 4th down there is pretty bad

Gregatron 09-13-2007 10:52 PM

West Va's offense is indeed explosive, but I didn't see much consistency. That might come as the season progresses. Their defense was solid, not spectacular.

Overall, unless Maryland is a lot better than I think they are (and I don't think they are that good), I'm not sure West Va is a top 10 team, much less #4.