Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Pointless Post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500351)

gameoverjc 09-13-2007 06:02 PM

Re: Pointless Post

joker he didn't raise preflop, villain limped utg+1 and hero completed sb with a hand that at best is breakeven (don't see much suited cards hold positive equity).

anyway, as played out, if villain really was steaming, he should be auto raising ace-big, aa, qq. I'd expect him to show up with 5-5 or 3-3 on the river.

results?

tessarji 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a-q, qq, aa don't make sense with his line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

Donkeys limp with AA and QQ UTG because they're afraid everyone will fold.

Having said that, assuming he's a fool he'd be playing aces up on this board like they were the nuts also.

gameoverjc 09-13-2007 06:20 PM

in this scenario with the hero killing the table, i don't find it common for a donk to limp with those big hands planning on getting other people to come along.

if that is common, then ignore my 2 cents on the thread.

edit:
also, without knowing preflop line, i stated that his 6bet turn awfully looks like AA.

cgrohman 09-13-2007 06:36 PM

I fold PF as well just not in this hand.

cgrohman 09-13-2007 06:37 PM

I check-called and he turned over AA.

vmacosta 09-13-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You really think a donkey will go 6 bets without a set on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

You CANNOT betfold. He might have the same hand as you.
Also, just checkcall this. You're giving him the opportunity to make a raise that you can't fold to by betting, but you're not a 2-1 favorite at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course we're not a 2-1 favorite, that doesn't mean you should check/call. we're a HUGE dog when we check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

jba, if we are a big enough dog when we check and he bets to make caling bad then we should definitely c/f. In fact I think this is the best play.

Howard Beale 09-13-2007 07:48 PM

I c/c because I'm not good enough to c/f which I think is really the thing to do but I can't make myself do it in a big pot. Even the WORST of the MOST horrible players I play against wise up after the 3rd raise and ask things like 'You make straight?' (pick your accent) and stop raising. I think we have to keep reminding ourselves that just because someone plays horrible poker doesn't mean he's a total imbecile (they're not) and, as they say, 'Even a blind squirrel.......' The guys got something he went 6 bets w/ and the river pairing is a disaster for you, imo.

Anyway, I c/c and expect to lose.

Hobbs. 09-13-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Fold big gamble for less than 1 sb?

Howard Beale 09-13-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Fold big gamble for less than 1 sb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you're teasing but if I never see another POS like that again in the SB I'll be satisfied. I don't know how everybody else does w/ them but I wish I had all those half-bets back. And OP was only going to be in a 3-way pot and, who knows?, the BB might raise. Then what? As you can tell I hate the damn hand. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

goofball 09-13-2007 09:01 PM

Just open muck.