Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA 4bet pot vs. reg (deep) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500300)

thac 09-13-2007 02:41 PM

Re: AA 4bet pot vs. reg (deep)

What about betting like 190.. it looks small in relation to the pot so he will be more apt to call it, and then there's only like 250 left and he can talk himself into a horrible call.

I agree though, preflop needs to be like 90.

FGators 09-13-2007 02:43 PM

He probably jams kings or queens stubbornly on the turn a decent percentage here I'd say.

In retrospect I think $190 looks nicer.

orange 09-13-2007 03:01 PM

yah i think i shouldve raised pf more. sortve wanted to keep balances when i do it as a bluff (i typically 4ball smaller) but shouldnt really do it in this spot.

wdead 09-13-2007 06:07 PM

175 shove. shove river. i bet to 100 pre.

BombayBadboy 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

Raise more pre. As played just bet 3/4 pot and never fold.

deaders 09-14-2007 12:01 AM

$110 on flop. I kinda like check turn, shove river.

Ajahn 09-14-2007 12:18 AM

4-bet pre to $99. The rest plays itself.

FishSticks 09-14-2007 12:33 AM

Boy I just don't like betting the turn. I don't play on Absolute so I'm not sure how these deep stack games go, but if villain is a reg and seems reasonable I just don't see him getting 300BB in there in a 4bet pot over all three streets with a hand that can't beat AA. I mean, if he really wanted to felt KK, you'd tend to think he'd be jacking again it pre or else c/r flop.

The only things that make me consider just going for bet/bet/bet is that you've been playing fast and he may just try to put you on a light resteal pre. Even so, I think there's only one street of value left and I think you're more likely to get paid on the river.

deaders 09-14-2007 12:42 AM

His hand is basically KK or QQ here and yeah I dont think you get 3 streets, especially from QQ.

I played a nearly identical hand with a near identical board a few months ago at 400nl against a very solid player. I did 4bet bigger pre, 3/4 psb flop, so river was about a psb left. I checked behind turn and shoved river when checked to, he tanked and folded and showed QQ, but I think a less solid player could stack off with QQ here and more often KK with this line.

soah 09-14-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
orange, how much do you want to play for here? because if you bet turn, you are playing for all 300bbs.

if you want to play for less (150bbs), then check the turn behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
i want to play for all 300bbs. but i'm wondering if there is more +EV in checking/betting the river? he can't really call with much any hand here (maybe KK right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to get 300bb in then you need to just make your bets/raises bigger... a few big bets generally get less respect than lots of smaller bets that add up to the same amount

I don't see much need for balance on the fourbet pf... the only reason you'd be fourbet bluffing is if he's getting seriously out of line with his threebets, and if the guy is frequently overbetting the pot by so much without the goods then you're already in very good shape because his bluffs there have to work such a huge percentage of the time just for him to breakeven on them.

edit: referring to using balance as the justification for the sizing. if the sizing of your bluffs is interfering with the play of your non-bluffs, then you might want to adjust your bluffs to fit with your legit hands rather than vice versa