Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Power out, no one answers apartment 24-hour line, WTF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500032)

solids 09-13-2007 09:34 AM

Re: Power out, no one answers apartment 24-hour line, WTF to do?

The most you will likely get out of this is an apology and, if you are persistent, a grudge against you.

daryn 09-13-2007 09:36 AM

Re: Power out, no one answers apartment 24-hour line, WTF to do?

[ QUOTE ]
The most you will likely get out of this is an apology and, if you are persistent, a grudge against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha awesome post

bwana devil 09-13-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Power out, no one answers apartment 24-hour line, WTF

[ QUOTE ]
depending on your desire to fight with mgmt/potentially be on bad terms with them, you could withhold a portion of your next months rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

do this if you'd like to be sued. tenants are not able to withhold rent as a bartering tool or what they feel theyre owed.

adsman 09-13-2007 10:48 AM

Kyle,

Come on, admit it. You didn't have a client. You were on your way home, on your 2 hour commute, and with every passing mile you were more and more desperate to get on 2+2. Finally your apartment complex came into sight. You stepped between the crack dealers and hookers and gingerly made your way upstairs, giddy with excitement and anticipation. You opened the door, it swung open, a few roaches raced out into the lit hall, you flicked the light switch .... and all your dreams went down faster than a nympho on speed.

And here we are ...

Dids 09-13-2007 10:54 AM

adsman,

Clearly you have been to Lake City before.

kyle,

I assume you checked your own breakers in your apt right?

I think the absolute best you'll do is get like 50 bucks off your rent. If you're not already month to month, what you really should do is angle to let them break your lease and move to someplace more respectable.

bobman0330 09-13-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle,

Come on, admit it. You didn't have a client. You were on your way home, on your 2 hour commute, and with every passing mile you were more and more desperate to get on 2+2. Finally your apartment complex came into sight. You stepped between the crack dealers and hookers and gingerly made your way upstairs, giddy with excitement and anticipation. You opened the door, it swung open, a few roaches raced out into the lit hall, you flicked the light switch .... and all your dreams went down faster than a nympho on speed.

And here we are ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'd been to my apartment, you'd know that roaches run away from light, not towards it.

kyleb 09-13-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
depending on your desire to fight with mgmt/potentially be on bad terms with them, you could withhold a portion of your next months rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

do this if you'd like to be sued. tenants are not able to withhold rent as a bartering tool or what they feel theyre owed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, withholding rent is always a bad idea.

kyleb 09-13-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle,

And here we are ...

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may very well be true, it is not mutually exclusive with what I wrote!

kyleb 09-13-2007 04:55 PM

Update: The power is back on (finally) after a bunch of running around and sleeping in my office. They told me to submit an itemized receipt for lost hours and possibly spoiled food in my fridge, and didn't really balk at my hourly.

Interesting!

mbillie1 09-13-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update: The power is back on (finally) after a bunch of running around and sleeping in my office. They told me to submit an itemized receipt for lost hours and possibly spoiled food in my fridge, and didn't really balk at my hourly.

Interesting!

[/ QUOTE ]

I sense weakness; try to convince them that you left to go someplace with power and a drunk driver hit your car. Ask for a new car.