Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Top Chef "Snacks on a Plane" Sept 12, 2007 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499828)

rjoefish 09-13-2007 11:28 AM

Re: Top Chef \"Snacks on a Plane\" Sept 12, 2007

Brian's 'I'm really sick of seeing you guys like this' comment was like the worst thing he could have said. They're all going to be thinking about how often he's been on the bottom lately, even though they say they don't.

TwoOuter 09-13-2007 11:34 AM

Yeah, this is fair: Quickfire winner Casey gets a MacBook, Hung gets Padma's new cookbook! (Oh- maybe Casey won the MacBook for the elimination challenge-- whoops)

I think it's going to be Casey vs. Hung at the end, with Casey winning.

StevieG 09-13-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is fair: Quickfire winner Casey gets a MacBook, Hung gets Padma's new cookbook!

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, Casey won the Mac for winning the elimination challenge, not the quickfire. But yes, individual prizes on offer within the competition vary wildly in value.

Also, I would agree with Casey vs. Hung, but they may be returning to the season 1 format of 3 finalists rather than two. There are only three episodes left and yet 5 competitors.

Dids 09-13-2007 11:50 AM

Tony's blog is once again a must read. Tom's from last week is also interesting wrt to his impressions of Brian.

Patton4 09-13-2007 12:34 PM

From Bourdain's blog...

"Steak and lobster (and plenty of it, pardner!) may be the expressway to happiness for those to whom a complimentary buffet at the Dollywood Sizzler is a dream come true, but for the chef judges, it felt like Brian was holding up a sign saying "All You Can Eat Jumbo Shrimp" and expecting us all to get insta-boners."

Freaking hilarious!

TwoOuter 09-13-2007 01:20 PM

So true about the variation in prizes. The way it was edited Hung just seemed so unthrilled with the cookbook and I just flashed on the MacBook for some reason.

I'd like to see an Iron Chef-style competition among these contestants. Just straight-up cooking for once- let's see what they can do.

Casey's the perfect face for the Top Chef winner. I feel an incredible lack of suspense right now but it's still a fun show to watch.

bernie 09-13-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Padma wants to climb Mnt. CJ imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that feeling too.

I think right now it might be between Casey and Hung.

b

KJS 09-13-2007 01:44 PM

The whole "good morning, act like you are surprised to see me because we are pretending that even though we have set up 6 cooking stations and placed a hundred carefully chosen products in the next room we didn't wake anyone up" thing in the quickfire was pretty ridiculous.

Bourdain saying the Brocollini was not fit for prison food was great.

KJS

ohgeetee 09-13-2007 02:33 PM

"Tony's blog is once again a must read. Tom's from last week is also interesting wrt to his impressions of Brian. "

this is like the 4th time you have written "wrt to" and its killing me!
/nit

I agree that Padma wants to mount CJ's steed. Right before she says for him to go home she trembled, plus the sad eyes as he walked out.

El Diablo 09-13-2007 02:37 PM

All,

Casey has been a real surprise lately in terms of what she has delivered. She seems to be pretty good at everything except knife skills.

And Al is gay. She is very hot.