Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Lounge demographic polls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498284)

BigPoppa 09-11-2007 09:22 AM

Re: Lounge demographic polls

I've always wondered.
How do people who don't play poker even find this forum, much less end up as regulars?

It would just never occur to me to go to a website dedicated to something I don't do.

kerowo 09-11-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: and I frequent ATF because it is awesome but doesn't seem busy enough warrant its own tab so I just went with "other OT forum" on that one, although you could argue it's both OT and poker/gambling related.

[/ QUOTE ]

So two things wrong with the poll then.

TomE. 09-11-2007 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always wondered.
How do people who don't play poker even find this forum, much less end up as regulars?

It would just never occur to me to go to a website dedicated to something I don't do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about regulars, but I was directed here by a couple of guys whom I played online golf (Links LS) with back in the late 90's - early 2000's. A handful of us participated in a golf forum, that got whittled down to 5 of us exchanging emails and golf trip reports, then the two aforementioned guys started playing online poker and hanging out on 2+2. One of the guys is now the mod who started this thread/poll.

Hopey 09-11-2007 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always wondered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us used to play poker, but don't anymore.

I have continued to visit 2+2 to kill time at work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Conspire 09-11-2007 10:22 AM

23, male, USA, single, none that I know of,yes, online and home donkaments, The Lounge, BBV4L, BBV, NL/pot limit forums, psychology

diebitter 09-11-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
23, male, USA, single, none that I know of,yes, online and home donkaments, The Lounge, BBV4L, BBV, NL/pot limit forums, psychology

[/ QUOTE ]

42, male, England, married (and winner of the 'Al Bundy Black Badge of Courage' for 3 consecutive years),3 kids,yes,online, The Lounge/4Life/ATF/Full Ring NL/mod forum

Can anyone tell me if there's any forums I'm missing out on please which are good?

SoloAJ 09-11-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always wondered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us used to play poker, but don't anymore.

I have continued to visit 2+2 to kill time at work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true in my case as well. Though instead of work, school. That and I wouldn't call it killing time, as I thoroughly enjoy it, usually.

Conspire 09-11-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me if there's any forums I'm missing out on please which are good?

[/ QUOTE ]

German BBV is pretty fun.

MrWookie 09-11-2007 11:16 AM

Huh. I guess my initial surprises are that this forum seems to be even older than I expected, and that there are somewhat fewer women than I expected. It also seems to be more USA-centric than I expected, but I'm not sure how that stat would compare to the rest of the board.

pryor15 09-11-2007 11:16 AM

male
single
usa
0 kids
i play online, some, and home games, some