Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (9/10) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497869)

Uppercut 09-10-2007 09:48 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]
Here starts a thread for all discussion regarding the 9/10 episode of High Stakes Poker, airing at 9pm ET tonight on GSN. As usual, please try to note any spoilers for those on the West Coast, who are Tivoing the show, or watching the show later on the various other ways it can be watched (but not linked to).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone read this thread now if they intend to watch the show at a later time? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

JackWhite 09-10-2007 09:53 PM

Wow..last two hands between Hellmuth/Safai and Baxter/Mouth deliver. Despite the absence of Negreanu/Farha/Esfandiari, this has been a fun episode. If only Silent Mike would talk more. He has been in the middle of a lot of entertaining hands.

Dromar 09-10-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here starts a thread for all discussion regarding the 9/10 episode of High Stakes Poker, airing at 9pm ET tonight on GSN. As usual, please try to note any spoilers for those on the West Coast, who are Tivoing the show, or watching the show later on the various other ways it can be watched (but not linked to).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone read this thread now if they intend to watch the show at a later time? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing. I think it would suffice if people would just refrain from starting other threads that may contain spoilers, especially in the thread title. Basically, a person who doesn't want to see spoilers for this episode should be able to read any thread other than the official one (that's this one).

Dromar 09-10-2007 10:01 PM

Ooh, next week looks good:

Hellmuth, Harman, Gold, Safai, Negreanu, Farha ... two others too. Can't remember.

phydaux 09-10-2007 10:06 PM

The guy who felted Phil with a 6-high flush needs to have a shrine built to him.

"I lifted weights, ran three miles, took a shower and now I'm ready to play perfect poker."

And gets felted by an amateur on the very next hand. LOVE IT!

JackWhite 09-10-2007 10:10 PM

Does anybody know anything about Safai? He looks familiar, but I don't recognize the name.

Micro Donk 09-10-2007 10:15 PM

Bob Safai (born in 1962) is the owner a successful real estate company in Los Angeles, CA. Safai considers poker to be a hobby and sees himself strictly as a recreational player. He has played high-stakes cash games for over 10 years, playing no-limit hold'em up as high as $500/$1000. When asked to describe his poker playing style, Safai says, "I'm the loosest guy at the table."

http://www.gsn.com/hsp/players_safai.php

luvinlife 09-10-2007 10:17 PM

Just what I've read....in real estate.

RobDoral 09-10-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

The B 09-10-2007 10:46 PM

Baxter misplayed the J/10 because he didn't want to be bluffed by Hellmuth...Phil knew exactly where he was on every street, he should of kept his mouth shut and fired 35k on the river and he would have won the pot and $500 from everybody at the table...sick read, sh*tty table-talk (ie "I'm hard to read because I talk when I have big hands")